AR15 DIY projects

Discussion in 'DIY Projects' started by dfglock22, Apr 17, 2012.

1. dfglock22

dfglock22 New Member

Just wondering how hard it is to do DIY projects on an AR15. I have never done any DIY projects, but I do want to some projects to my AR15.

2. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

AR's are pretty easy to do a lot of things to. Pretty much like a Mr. Potatohead for grown ups, as AgentTikki says. A lot of things can be done at home by yourself. It really comes down to your level of comfort with mechanical work (very basic, you're not building a space shuttle) and a lot of us actually build our own AR's so we can get the parts we want instead of the 'one size fits all' mass produced versions.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/

We have lots of good threads on this.

3. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Stippling parts, grips, handguards, mags , basically anyting plastic is another good DIY fun time .

4. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

If I had any artistic ability I would try that, but I don't. I have an utter fear of attempting to paint anything.

5. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

its really not hard to do , you just need time and patience

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Wood burning iron? Very nice job, btw.

7. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Look up some self help vids on Youtube on the different areas you want to try. The trick is to practice what you want to do - try out stippling on other plastic/metal objects. Whip up some paint schemes on scraps that don't matter. Once you get a feel for the technique than give it a whirl ;)

8. kusterleXD

kusterleXD New Member

So the project for today was to paint my AR 15. Here is the result of my first attempt to camouflage paint a firearm:

image-3425994664.jpg

9. kusterleXD

kusterleXD New Member

Here is the rifle fully assembled. Now I just need to replace the black rubber rail covers with tan ones!

image-3453502089.jpg

10. kusterleXD

kusterleXD New Member

Got the tan rail covers. A mix of Magpul XTMs and low profile covers.

image-3243319557.jpg