Ar15 build

Discussion in 'Massachusetts Gun Forum' started by JC_p2tp21, Aug 1, 2014.

1. JC_p2tp21

JC_p2tp21 New Member

How's it going guys , I'm thinking of building an ar15 and was wondering what I need to watch out for when building it . I do know that I will have to have the butt stock pinned . If you guys know of anything else please let me know .

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

2. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

we want to help you. but you need to provide a bit more information. like state you reside in. check out the stickies at the top of the AR section. there is some good reading about a lot of FAQ's.

3. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Its in the Mass. gun forum . So I would assume that he is in Mass. :D

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i think if the OP had the Mods move this to the AR section he might get more suggestions and information that might be helpful.

that and some more details about his projected goals or purposes for the rifle might be helpful as well.

5. JC_p2tp21

JC_p2tp21 New Member

Yes in Mass , sorry about that

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

6. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

well as best as i can tell you can only have 10 round mags. you have to have the stock pinned. an the muzzlebrake must be pinned. no threaded barrels, no bayonet lugs. kinda like NY used to be. also appears you need to have a license to purchase card or something.. but thats just how i understand it. im no lawyer nor a resident of mass... go to a LGS and ask them they should be able to give you solid info.