AR15 book

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Crazycastor, May 25, 2013.

1. Crazycastor

Crazycastor New Member

Can anyone recommend a good ar15 book to me. Just bought a Franklin Armory lower reciever(complete with but stock) but not sure what to put on top. I know I would like a 20 inch barrel. Wanting to shoot out as far as I can. But I don't know the ins and outs with these guns like what is the best rifling for this barrel, best bullet weights. Will the front sight get in the way of a scope. Looking for a book that will explain all this to me. This gun will be used strickly for targets, no hunting.

2. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

3. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Nice story, too!

4. pawjr74

pawjr74 New Member

5. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Hey, Tikki ... I collected up payments from half the guys and gave the cash to Macy over at the Foxy Lady club. She said you're a regular and she'll be sure to pass it on to you. :p

Seriously, your Primer is excellent, more info than most AR publications out there!

6. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

I will graciously accept all donations and forward it to the War Against tree hugging, liberal, hippie Terror! :D

7. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Um, just don't let it slip to the missus, I prefer to keep all my equipment right where it is thank you very much! :p

8. Crazycastor

Crazycastor New Member

I think you dida very fine job there

9. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Thank you kind sir!

So, what are thinking about now?

Penny for your thought?

10. Crazycastor

Crazycastor New Member

I think I want a 20 inch barrel with 1/8 twist lol

11. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Stainless then? Medium/heavy profile?

12. Crazycastor

Crazycastor New Member

Thats the part I don't know yet I don't want to sink so much money into this that my wife gets mad. Like I said I bought the lower on a wim and really havent had alot of time to really study up on what I want to do with the gun. I want it to shoot straight and be on target but not to the point its going to break the bank. I have looked thru some magazines and its very difficult to pick a certain style yet. What I dont want is a forarm that cuts my fingers up when handling it. Been thru that with a buddies. I only want a rail on top and at the barrel end for a bipod. As far as stainless barrel. Not sure I would care for that. Want everything blacked out on it.

13. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

How about an ar15perfomance.com barrel, for about $200, with a 15" MI gen 2 SS hanguards for $190 ish. Buy the pieces one by one spread it out over a couple months, mums the word.

14. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Only problem is those long boxes start showing up at the front door and the wife gets mad when they're not roses! Or even mums... :D

15. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

A 20" 1/8 stainless spiral fluted barrel is on my wish list.

Or for the "day" I get to, an sbr or suppressor! That'll be a looooooooooooooooo.........oooooooong way away. Sadly.

16. AlphaKoncepts

AlphaKoncepts Member

Send her a box of roses for every 3 boxes of gun parts and work it into your gun budget.