AR15 accuracy issue

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by baldoni76, May 12, 2010.

1. baldoni76

baldoni76 New Member

i was sighting my AR for 100 yrds, but i realized that it was hitting about 3 ft right of the target even though i was aiming at the center. it didnt start doing this until i put a new front sight on. anyone know what could be the problem??

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Uh. A few things come to mind.

What were you shooting with BEFORE you put the front site on and started having problems??

We need some more information to help you out here.

JD

3. baldoni76

baldoni76 New Member

it had the standard fixed sight. now there is a YHM flip up. i also have rear flip.

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Most, if not all, of the YHM rear sights have adjustments.

Since I know next to nothing about you or your abilities, can we safely assume that you have adjusted these and made checks to insure that both sights are mounted correctly??

5. baldoni76

baldoni76 New Member

they are mounted correctly. and my shooting skills at 100 yrds are pretty good, so i know that the 3 ft to the right wasnt my error. could the front sight be slightly crooked? if it is, its not obvious by looking at it.

6. russ

russ New Member

It would take very little mis-alignment at 100 yards to be 3 feet off. My guess is that your new front sight is just slightly counter-clockwise as you look at it from the rear of the rifle.

7. baldoni76

baldoni76 New Member

now that you mention it, it is slightly counter clockwise, but very little. can such a little bit cause it to be that much?