ar10

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by CasperUSMC, Dec 21, 2013.

1. CasperUSMC

CasperUSMC New Member

Anyone got a s an w ar10? Read mixed reviews bout them. Just wanted to know what anyone who has one thoughts r on them.

2. mdwalkerjr

mdwalkerjr New Member Supporter

I've got one but haven't been able to get it to the range yet. I can tell you that it's well built.

3. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

My ffl has a used one for sale . Its very very light 6.5-7# , the guy that bought it and traded it back in just 2 weeks later for a dpms said , it would make a good home defense rifle but being he is a long distance precision guy that custom reloads it wasnt accurate enough for him. I guess some peoples accuracy issues are different than others . He said it would shoot quarter sized groups at 100 . I watched him break in his new gun yesterday , work with about 20 different custom reloads until the man found a load that would consistantly shoot .25" 5 shot groups most were hole in hole . ? He had a custom remmy 700, 300 win mag that was putting 5 shots in one hole. ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE to me . Hell I was glad I was shooting 1" groups with mine which was trash to him but he was very knowledgable . He asked me if I reloaded , I told him no but I was looking at going halves with my BIL. he said " dont do it youll just be pissed off trying for better loads all the time " . I had a good day at the range next to him.

4. CasperUSMC

CasperUSMC New Member

I just read that it shoots great, but has a sloppy trigger. When u get it out let me know what u think

5. CasperUSMC

CasperUSMC New Member

Havoc i dont shoot that good either, but i would like to make hits over 500. If i can do that iron site with a 5.56 i should be able to do better with a scoped .308

6. mdwalkerjr

mdwalkerjr New Member Supporter

Will do. Hope to in the next week.

7. CasperUSMC

CasperUSMC New Member

Havoc i dont shoot that good either, but i would like to make hits over 500. If i can do that iron site with a 5.56 i should be able to do better with a scoped .308

8. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

This one had a reworked trigger from some company out of MN. It was a single stage 3#