AR under 750

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by silverado113, Feb 5, 2012.

1. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I'm looking for a decent AR under 750 and was considering a S&W M&P. Beside the fact that it would go good with my M&P9C I heard mostly good things about the M&P ARs. I was wondering if there were any others I may need to consider around the same price range before I buy?

2. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Check out Rock River Arms and Palmetto State Armory

3. frostyone

frostyone New Member

Check out Palmetto State Armory. For a little more money you could also look at Bravo Company Manufacturing. Either one you could purchase the upper and lower separately to save a little money. Palmetto sells rifle kits for quite cheap. There is a ton of information online about building 1 from parts. That would save money and give you the opportunity to learn your rifle inside and out.

4. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I live 20 mins from the RRA shop and haven't seen anything in that price range but I'll do some more searching thanks.

5. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

6. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Rock River has a nice Sale going on right now that your local dealer can order or you can get one from Joe Bob's Outfitters and have it transferred through your local dealer for a small fee. They are in stock and will ship within 24 hours.

It's a nice mid-length for $750. Here's the Joe Bob link:

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Rock_River_Arms_LAR_15_Fall_Special_Midlength_Hand_p/rra-bb1001.htm

Joe Bob's has free shipping on this.

Here's the Rock River link if you want your local Rock River Dealer to order one for you. They're having a couple of different winter sales right now.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=543

I have a RRA mid-length that is very accurate and reliable. This one listed needs some iron sights added or a scope setup, but other than that it is ready to go. :cool:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  7. JoeBobOutfitters

JoeBobOutfitters New Member

The RRA linked is a good deal.

We just got these Palmetto State Armory rifles in stock too:

Palmetto State Armory M4 Optics Ready Carbine

They have a mil spec buffer tube, F marked FSP, chrome lined barrel, M16 BCG, etc, etc. They're a pretty well equipped rifle for roughly $100 more than an Oracle or M&P Sport. These are actually in stock and ready to ship. Palmetto is pretty slow to ship generally speaking if you buy direct.

The RRA has the accuracy guarentee and a better trigger, but the Palmetto will be the closest to a civilian M4 you can get for the money most likely (less 3rd burst/14.5" barrel).

8. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Damn OP, that's a good deal for $750. All you need is some ammo to be ready to hit the range.

9. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

10. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

11. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Thanks for the info gentlemen. I'm about as mechanically inclined as a rock so I think a complete rifle is the way to go now. I got 10 30 round mags from my time in the Corps so they are really lonely without a rifle..lol. Joebob does the PSA come with a hard case?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  12. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Skip the hard case unless you need to take it on an airline. And then you're going to want a Pelican or Storm case, expensive. A soft case like the Voodoo can carry everything you need at the range and more. Heck bring your lunch, 12 pack, tools, bag of ice... LOL you get the message. I've found hard cases to be very restrictive.

13. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Alright my PSA is on the way thanks everyone for the input.

14. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Good deal! Which model?

15. JoeBobOutfitters

JoeBobOutfitters New Member

Thanks for the order! Your order should ship out Mon or Tuesday at the outside. :D

16. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Now that's some good service! :) Talk about instant satisfaction.

People who have been in the market to buy a new AR know that being able to find a nice, affordable and well equipped rifle like this one that is "in stock" and ready for immediate shipment is somewhat of an oddity these days. :cool:

17. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Boy you ain't kidding. I usually buy from Buds but they are just about out of all their ARs. Great service and fast shipping and personal attention. I will definitely be a Joe Bob's repeat customer. @ Quinton I picked up the M4 ORC-16" Chrome Lined 5.56 Mil Spec w/ Magpul MBUS Sight.

18. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I don't know but I'm starting to change my opinion of the S&W ARs. I just wish there were more S&Ws in the hands of harder use guys.

19. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

+1 on passing up the hardcase. If it comes with the rifle, it's usually too cheap to use for travel anyway.

Soft side is DEF the way to go...especially if you like to change configs. MOLLE system bags/pouches are readily available. VooDoo is good stuff.

20. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Yeah I'm going with a MOLLE setup since I have some leftover pouches from my 782 gear I can configure the case a number of different ways and it won't cost me anything for mag pouches.