AR Trigger

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Chewdo, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Chewdo

Chewdo New Member

I'm starting to build an AR, I have a Mega stripped lower. I'm looking at an afordible trigger. I'm looking to spend about $100, whays the best? Whats the most dependable? What do you have? Any suggestions? Any help woild be apreshated, thanks!

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Chewdo,

For this are of the price range there is not a better trigger in my opinion than the Rock River Arms 2 Stage National Match trigger. It is simply a drop in on all small trigger and hammer pin receivers. If you shop around or go to some gun shows you should be able to find one for $100.00 or spend a couple of dollars more on the internet. Example $114.00 on one site. It is a fine trigger for the money.

3. BigBizz87

BigBizz87 New Member

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  4. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

There was a large no-nonsense review of about a dozen AR15 trigger assemblies in the last issue of the Recoil magazine.

5. okdonk

okdonk New Member

ALG Combat trigger $65 with JP Enterprise reduced springs kit $10.
    $75 upgrade will do you much better.

6. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

If you simply want to shoot tight groups from a bench with your match-grade ammo (hunting/varminting included), the ideal triggers are going to be the $150-300 options from Timney, Geiselle, Hyperfire, etc.

If you're chasing the above on a budget, RRA may be an excellent answer. In my experience RRA's match triggers are generally good, but a little inconsistent (lots of travel/drag in some cases).

If you want an upgraded utility (defense/tactical/target/varmint/whatever) trigger, I'd highly recommend the ALG QMS triggers. They're mildly heavy, but crisp and clean. You'll only have to spend about $50. And they're about as close to mil-spec bomb-proof reliability as anyone could ask for. Many of the higher end $200-ish triggers have been known to break down at very inopportune moments.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  7. Ibmikey

Ibmikey Member

Spend $130 on a cmc...you will never regret it, drop in and sweet. Buy once be satisfied!