AR supressors, choices?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by sgttessnc, Jul 7, 2012.

1. sgttessnc

sgttessnc New Member

I have left New York in my rear view mirror and have returned to North Carolina. I can proudly shoot and use my AR now, so to make her feel better about hiding in the basement for six months and contemplating grinding off the bayonet lug, I am going to start the supressor process.

where to start?

what are price ranges and recommendations?

pics and owners sound off please

2. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Decide which route you want to take, by Trust or the complicated way (fingerprints, signed by LEO and photographs). Either way use form 4, $200 money order and 6 months of waiting.

I chose the Trust way. I'm still waiting for the Tax Stamp to gets back. Hopefully sometimes in September. It's the YHM Phantom 3500 SS QD. It costed me <$600.

Check out your local Class 3 dealers or silencershop.com (Dave). He is a nice guy to deal with.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012

3. KingTiger

KingTiger Member

Forming a Revocable Living Trust for your NFA items is a very good idea.
    A local dealer used Quicken Willmaker to create mine for free & then I got it notorized. State laws vary, so be sure of what's allowed in your state. Find a dealer that has it in stock so you don't end up waiting even longer for approval.

I went with an AAC M4-2000. It's FA rated and attaches via the Blackout flashhider/mount, which is ususally attached with Rocksett so it won't go any where. It uses a ratchet type mounting system so it's easy to get it on/off quickly & you don't have to worry about it loosening up during mag dumps. You can put additional mounts on different 5.56 hosts, so it's not dedicated to one weapon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

I have a YHM QD Titanium and love it!!!! My AR sounds like I'm shooting a .22lr.