AR stock

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by blucoondawg, Apr 2, 2012.

1. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

I'm going to put in a order for a PSA mid legth rifle kit, I can get it with the PSA stock or for 40 more dollars I can get the MOE stock, when I click on it the MOE is automatically selected and raises the price of the gun 40 bucks, is there any reason to get the MOE over the cheaper PSA stock? I'd just as soon save the 40 bucks if I can.

2. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

I think the MOE Hand guards are definitely a big improvement over the standard ovals.
    I also think the MOE butt stock looks nicer than the standard M4 style, but its a personal preference thing honestly.

3. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Definitely agree with this.

The MOE stock is worth more than a good quality M4 stock but probably not $40 more.

4. JSDenson07

JSDenson07 New Member

I love my MOE heat sheilds. huge improvement

5. Duck4Glocks

Duck4Glocks New Member

I'm glad to hear this have have both of these for my rifle and I can't wait to get the rifle all together.

6. JSDenson07

JSDenson07 New Member

The rail sections are easy to take on and off and nice to not have in the way of my hand

7. Duck4Glocks

Duck4Glocks New Member

What rail sections do you use for the magpul moe handguard?

8. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

They have them for the light attachment kit and longer sections too, all polymer Magpul brand.

9. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I like the MOE handguards but prefer the factory stock a little better however I do own both , it slides easier and is easier to make a quick adjustment . Really its all personal preference but there will be a huge difference in the feel of the hand guards over the factory ones . The MOE stock does look better but as far as function not much difference

10. Duck4Glocks

Duck4Glocks New Member

I wondered about the magpul ones. Have they held up okay after putting attachments on and off.

11. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

The poly they make the magpul handguards from is really really durable , it wont flex easily if much at all , you will strip out a screw before it will damage the handguard tightening one down . They really do make great stuff and you can thank Dupont for there Poly that Magpul is using

12. JSDenson07

JSDenson07 New Member

So far every attachment that ive put on them, bipod, lights, laser, foregrip has not damaged them. I was slightly skeptical as well with a polymer rail but they come in sections so its nice to be able to only buy the sections I need leaving me with a smooth grip for my hand No need to buy rail covers and after dropping them, both attached to a weight and giving them a good chuck down the street they held up. Worse Comes to worse I had lost seven bucks! Now I actually need to redo a stock...magpuls moe stock is nice I have it on another rifle and its fine however it does feel less smooth on the lop adjustments..