Firearms Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people, i started buying parts for a straight pull rifle and made a list of a few things so far that i would need... the base of the project is a maple ridge armoury maverick receiver kit. in canada they aren'T considered an ar variant because the upper and lower are proprietary to the model and so is still considered non restricted. they also can'T be modified to be semi auto because there is no gas tube or anything for that.

so far in the parts i got a 19'' 6160 t6 mlok free float handguard coming with full top rail coming (paid 50CAD shipped on aliexpress for it). i already decided on the stock too (mft battle link utility stock with adjustable cheek piece). i was thinking about the bravo company lower parts kit or the strike iindustry lower parts kit as a first kit before maybe upgrading the trigger to something more adjustable later...

so what would you reccommend for a good grip that doesn't slip when wet and is durable (heard good things about hogue and ergo grips)?

second question what would you reccomend for a 6.5 creedmoor ar barrel in 22'' lenght for a budget? like the best bang for your buck for a starter barrel (what you wish you'd have seen for a barrel when you started building ar 10)

my idea was to use either a 1:7 to 1:7.5 twist in the 22'' barrel since i'm planning to use 147 grain and heavier bullets... am i wrong to think that it would be within the range of the ammo/barrel compatibility stability wise?

for the people who don't know what the mra maverick receiver kit is, it's this one in the picture, they also got a 5.56/300 blackout compatible receiver kit called the renegade. both are straight pull. here's a link to the maverick kit for more info: MRA Maverick Receiver Kit - Maple Ridge Armoury - Canada's Online Gun Shop

thanks for the help!

Trigger Gun barrel Air gun Gun accessory Metal

·
Premium Member
3,318 Posts
I have an ergo grip on my AR10. I like the palm swell. It's rubberized, so i imagine does well when wet.
Faxon barrels are nice

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an ergo grip on my AR10. I like the palm swell. It's rubberized, so i imagine does well when wet.
Faxon barrels are nice
i've been watching videos about the balistic advantage premium fluted barrel, it's around 400 cad from a canadian website, i just wished i could choose some stuff like getting rid of the gas hole (can probably be done by a gunsmith though.) and a slightly faster twist than 1:8 for heavier bullets... trying to contact companies but it seems since i'm canadian they either don't bother responding or just can't really ship here unless the importing license is owned... i don't know really...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
by the way if i can't import anything barrel related i'll probably have to go for an IBI barrel, heavy dmr probably since they are made in canada... they are a bit more expensive than a balistic advantage premium fluted barrel though... anyone has any experience with their ar barrels? 6.5 CREEDMOOR – International Barrels

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guess we don't sell anything like this in Merica
yeah... problem is with the canadian bogus laws banning ar 15 -_-' so we have to resort to things that looks like them but isn't compatible with the lowers and uppers of that platform. got news from IBI and they said they can do it, the barrel will cost the same as their normal barrels too (530 cad so about 424usd). also thought about the mdt grips which are about 30$ cad (24usd).

good thing you guys are fighting for this out there, we can't even have full auto since the 50's and semi auto are regulated as hell (18.5'' barrel minimum and pinned 5 rounds mags only unless you find some xcr pistol mags then it'S like 10 rounds...)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts