AR replacement trigger

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by bntyhntr6975, Oct 31, 2013.

1. bntyhntr6975

bntyhntr6975 New Member

Planning on replacing trigger in a DPMS Oracle very soon. Ive been looking at several and reading reviews, would like any first hand experience with 2 of the options. Rifle is mostly used at targets and hunting.

CMC tactical drop in, 3.5-4lbs.
    JP Enterprise competition 3lbs, parts only, not a drop in unit.

I do not mind minor fitting, as seems to be common with the JP parts, so thats not much of an issue. Price difference is only about $60 between the 2. Both are reviewed to give a clean, crisp break with very little creep or over travel. Reliability and positive reset are priority.

I am leaning towards the CMC drop-in but would like any personal testimonials of either.

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

No personal experience with either of them, but if 1 drops in and costs about half as much, while offering the same quality why bother with the other?

3. bntyhntr6975

bntyhntr6975 New Member

The drop in is $60 more. Same quality? I have no idea. Am hoping to hear results from anyone that has used either.

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Ah. Well I guess I should finish my coffee. Not sure why I would think it would be cheaper. Lol
    Anyway, I'd look into how much fitting the other requires. It may be well worth the money to avoid dealing with it.
    If improperly fit, the function could be affected.

5. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Send the trigger to Bill Springfield at triggerworks

6. bntyhntr6975

bntyhntr6975 New Member

Turn around time? End result?

Looked him up, seems like a good option to consider. Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  7. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

I found out about him after I installed a two stage competition trigger. I will know next time.

8. bntyhntr6975

bntyhntr6975 New Member

I sent him an email asking if he re-hardens the parts afterward or not. I would assume that very much filing and polishing would go beyond the case hardening.