AR quick detach barrel system

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by indy36, Jul 29, 2014.

1. indy36

indy36 New Member

Check this out. What do you think?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlHFrHdYTQY&feature=em-uploademail[/ame]

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

pointless AND your stuck with a crappy boat anchor handguard...

just push the two take down pins and the ar15 comes apart in two pieces. you can use any handguard you wish with any upper or any barrel.

i can swap my bcm 556 to a 458 socom in about 4 seconds using two takedown pins.

170$ for this silly handguard and lockring. you can buy a non-barreled upper for less.

dolos is an apt name as its the greek god of trickery and deception and thats exactly whats happening to you if you buy one...

3. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

When I saw the title, I thought "why?". The AR already practically has a barrel change system.

4. Highpower

Highpower New Member

I can picture it already. Accidentally rotating that hand guard without realizing it and then pulling the trigger. Thanks, but no thanks.

5. icallshotgun88

icallshotgun88 New Member

I agree, it's already easy enough to switch out the entire upper on an AR..
    I just don't see a NEED for it.
    Plus, I fear the same thing Highpowered does, twisting it accidentally.
    The only thing it has going for it is price.
    It's cheaper to use that system than it is to buy two or more uppers

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

it doesnt come with a barrel. all it is is the rings and handguard. its cheaper just to buy a new upper complete as the kit with its cruddy handguard costs more than an upper sans barrel.

7. fsted2a

fsted2a Active Member

I am usually a big fan of new stuff for AR's, but I just can't see me getting one. 1. like Jon said, you are stuck with their crappy ass handguard. You can't mount any rails on it. 2. You can't use a gas block with rails. 3. The hole in their locking collar isn't big enough for a piston connecting rod (yeah Jon, I know you don't like them ;) , but I am ok with that) I think this system is highly unsafe like shotgun said. There are other quick disconnect barrel uppers out there that are safer to use than this one. MGI comes to mind.
    https://www.mgi-military.com/store/index.php?product_id=38&type=&category=11