AR pistol picture thread

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by jwsturr, Dec 19, 2011.

1. jwsturr

jwsturr New Member

My PSA lower is coming in and I need some inspiration. :D

2. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Noveske 7.5" Diplomat
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  3. jwsturr

jwsturr New Member

Tikki is that a Spike's buffer tube with a CAA check rest? How does that rest attach to the tube and is it solid?

MJ, I believe I've seen more than one Noveske from your collection...

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  4. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

CAA saddle on a milspec carbine PSA tube. Tube has been filled with epoxy, and then plastidipped about 50 times to increase the girth. There is no way a stock is going onto this tube unless you get a jackhammer to it. It has added some considerable weight but it works to balance with assinine (mine) choice of using a 7.5 heavy barrel. My pistol weighs more than my 16" carbine without the sight and light.

Once I was able to increase the girth on the tube probably about 1/8" in diameter, I used a bicycle inner tube and lubed it up and slipped it over the tube. The added girth and rubber tube allowed the CAA saddle to clamp on really tight. It takes a few minutes of really bad language (hard core french stuff at that) and real muscle to make it move even a 1/4 inch. Its on there pretty good now.

5. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

On a side note. I have handled a couple pistols with CAA saddles on pistol tubes and invariably there's a lot of movement. The only one that seemed pretty sturdy was one that a guy had mounted to a pistol tube with foam padding (like a handlebar tube) and zip tied it. But it still slide when you pulled on it. That inspired me to take a spare buffer tube and modify it.

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

that almost looks like an imperial stormtrooper blaster from starwars!! i wish there was AR parts that got even closer, i would soooo be there!!

7. jcdillin

jcdillin New Member

That is awesome! What handguard is that? Also where did you get the short mag?

8. theboarbuster

theboarbuster New Member

The handguard is a YHM 5004 smooth and the mag is a 20 rd Pmag. The muzzle break is a Novasek kx3 flaming pig. The laser is a Aixiz 35 mw green laser.

9. jcdillin

jcdillin New Member

Amazing job, best looking one i've seen yet. Thanks!

10. theboarbuster

theboarbuster New Member

Thanks.
    They are fun. I have many AR's in differant calibers and I didnt think I needed an AR pistol. I had one lower left so I decided to build a pistol. Now I plan to build a 458 Socom and a 6.8 SPC pistol.

11. jcdillin

jcdillin New Member

I'm just finishing up my AR pistol and starting to work on a AR rifle next....gets addicting.

12. theboarbuster

theboarbuster New Member

Yah, I have a few and I plan to build more.
    458 Socom
    6.8 SPC II
    5.56 carbine
    5.56 18" heavy barrel
    5.56 pistol
    I plan to build
    16" 7.62x39
    10.5" 458 Socom
    12.5" 6.8 SPCII
    Looking at a Wilson Combat 7.62x40
    Show us pics when your done.