Firearms Talk banner

AR picture thread

535K views 4K replies 651 participants last post by  JSchmatt 
#1 · (Edited)
No gun forum is complete without an AR picture thread. Lets see your take on Eugene Stoners "brainchild".

Heres my favorite AR, a well worn Colt Government Carbine. As you can see I like the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) philosopy. Check out that shiny worn mag :cool: .

See less See more
#2 ·

Here's my Stag Arms that I got a few months ago. A holosight is in the works.

#6 · (Edited)

Heres a pic of my latest build. I wanted an old school carbine so I built a clone of the Colt Model 653. I have a stripped Bushmaster lower comming to me in the next week or two, and I will begin a M4gery build........my way. I am thinking of photographing the build process to put together a how to guide. I will do this build on a stripped lower, and upper reciever.

Zero Dormancy thanks for posting that. I love see ARs that have seen real service, and use. Although I see you don't have a BUIS on it.

#18 ·
Well the AR is my favourite rifle, So here's my collection :-

The top one is a 6.5mm Grendel, The one bellow that isnt really an AR ( Armi Jager ) then below that is the .223 and finally the bottom one is my Accuracy Speaks .22 LR.

Gotta love the Black Rifle !! :cool:

Steve

#19 · (Edited)
Well the AR is my favourite rifle, So here's my collection :-

The top one is a 6.5mm Grendel, The one bellow that isnt really an AR ( Armi Jager ) then below that is the .223 and finally the bottom one is my Accuracy Speaks .22 LR.

Gotta love the Black Rifle !! :cool:

Steve
WOW!

What is the scope on your .223?
Any more details on your .223 and the .22?
I'm in the UK also and looking for a .223, edging toward a Sabre defence.
You ever want to sell any of them, let me know!

#20 ·
WOW!

What is the scope on your .223?
Any more details on your .223 and the .22?
I'm in the UK also and looking for a .223, edging toward a Sabre defence.
You ever want to sell any of them, let me know!
I used an Edgar Brothers 'Super Sniper 10x42' On both the .223 and the Grendel.

The .223 was built for me by Matt at www.AR15.co.uk It's a 14.5" Hbar barrel, A3 flattop upper and it's sitting on an American Spirit Arms Co lower, I've fitted a RRA Trigger to it and changed the flash hider to a Phantom.

If you want more info on U.K. Suppliers of AR's and Parts just drop me an e-mail.

Steve

#23 ·
:confused: How is it that you UK guys have ARs? I thought semi-auto was verbotten in the UK.
You are correct there my friend, Unfortunatley :(

We can still have semi auto's in .22 rimfire, and semi auto shotguns, But thats it.

The other 2 AR's in my picture are straight pull ( No gas system ) So after each round is fired off a manual cocking action is neede to eject the spent brass and reload the next. Magazine size is unlimited.

It's not great, But they work just fine :)

Steve

#25 · (Edited)
My tack driver...

Olympic Arms CAR-97 M4... ( removed the m4orgery pinned stock and replaced with 6 position M4 stock from OLY )

No bayo lug...but I do have an attachment that goes over the existing barrel to mount the bayo...( not that I would use it as a spear anyway )

5.56 NATO 16" buttoned barrel... 1:9 twist ...with red dot (shown) or I can hot swap a 4x scope with illuminated reticle...and Pachmayer grips

One of the coolest looking features is the muzzle break...looks like the Cutts Compensator on a Tommy Gun.

a real tack driver....;)

Attachments

#26 ·
RRA 16" Stainless, 1:8, Eotech 551, ARMS BUIS, XS Tritium front sight, NM Two Stage trigger, YHM Rail w/integrated gas port & front sight, ERGO grip, Magpul trigger guard, CAA Vertical grip, stock saddle & rail covers, AAC Phantom flash hider & M4-2000 mod 7 suppressor.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.