AR owners in LA

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Jo da Plumbr, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

I really want to build my own AR. My concern is would I ever get to take it out of the safe. I've read the laws for a Calif. leagle AR, but have been told that the LAPD will confiscate anything they can even remotly call an assault weapon. The police know that charges will be dropped, but I won't ever see the rifle again. And even a dismissed weapons charge would screw me with my employment. Are there any AR owners in the LA area? Is what I am hearing about the PD and "grey area" guns correct. Are the sheriffs and PD at the ranges looking for ARs and AKs the way I have been told, or is that just bs from the gun store guys so I'll buy their off the rack guns?
    JdP

2. DonnyKC

DonnyKC New Member

I would honestly contact a lawyer for the best answer for this scenario. Thats my opinion. But i honestly dont see how they can honestly keep you rifle if its built to cali's retarded laws.. But i think its just the gun shops way to scare you. As long you arent out in the streets with it,should be cool

3. Cnynrat

Cnynrat New Member

You may want to ask this question over on Calguns.net. Seems like there is a very active community of people with OLL based ARs over there, and as the name implies it's a California focused group.

Dave

4. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Thanks for the imput guys. I checked the Cal Guns site and saw that they disagree as to the risk of a "grey area" gun. Some were saying it would be grabbed and others saying your fine to build with a mag lock. That being said I'm going ahead with the build. I found an OLL receiver yesterday and bought it. I am going to make this as "white bread" as a "grey area" gun can be. Few if any "evil features". Still I think it will be better than the "off the rack" gun I have on order. I'll let you know
    JdP