AR mags

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by purehavoc, Dec 17, 2011.

1. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

AR prefered mags

Is there a prefered magazine out there ? I ask because while trolling thru my local pawn shop they had 60-80 of what looked to be used mags until I went thru them ,
    Picked up a new bushmaster with magpul guts, a clean colt mag withi magpul bottom pull and another one cant remember what brand but it looked unused .$8 each. Figured if one of them worked good I wasn't getting hurt $ wise

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  2. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

awwwwwwww $8 for a colt mag. $#^@$^@$#^!%!$#%$!%^&*^*

u lucky sob. can you get a couple for me? :D

3. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

4. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

5. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

That was the only colt I looked thru them all. It is stamped law enforcement only on it , thats what caught my attention :D

6. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Oh what's the best way to make them black beside paint ? There kinda raw aluminum except the odd ball I think its painted flat gray

7. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

[​IMG]

8. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Decent shape mags the Colt is probably the roughest of them all but it said Colt so I had to have it :D
    The Bushmaster Mag has a Pmag anti tilt follower the others are just standard issue

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I wouldn't do a thing to the finish. Aluminum mags get a scuffed up look in time but as long as they're reliable otherwise the finish doesn't matter. In fact honest wear is a badge of honor.

And definitely don't mess with that Colt! :D

BCM sells black teflon coated mags if you want a dark finish. About $10...

10. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

yeah I got to thinking about that after you said it and IM going to leave all of them alone and use them as is . He told me when they start getting low in the glass case they put more out, I may go back this week and see if I can rummage thru the rest of them . If there are more Colts there I will snatch them up , he also had some other Colt AR mags in the case he was wanting $20 each , Not sure what was so special about them but they were really clean and nice , May have been a 10 or 15 rd mag if my mind serves me right

11. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

20's ?

[​IMG]

12. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Yup that was them, just like those

13. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Yeah i agree with quentin, they look kinda cool all scratched up. It adds character, kinda like bullet holes in a truck tailgate...lol

Its not like you gotta worry about rust on aluminum mags anyways cause aluminum wont rust.

14. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

The Colt 20's will bring a premium over most other manufacturers even though some of the others (Adventureline, Universal, Simmonds) are more scarce.

Gotta pay for the pretty pony. ;)

15. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

SO were they worth buying @ $20 each to turn and make a few bucks on or are they worth just what he has on them already ?

16. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

$20 a pop is too much unless you're desperate for Colt for some unknown reason.

You will notice the older VN era mags have metal alloy followers.
    They are my favorite AR mags but $20 is too high...even for Colt unless they are new in wrap and 50 years old.

Here are some modern 20's that are excellent, made by NHMTG.
    This is the best price I've ever found for these.
    M16 20 round magazines, new @ Buffertech

17. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Thats what i was thinking...i saw 20 rd ar mags at bass pro last week for 25 bucks and thought wft

Ive got a couple of those 20 rd mags with metal followers, i dont use them much, i usually stick with my 30 rounders

18. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Yeah you might try to talk him down, $20 is a little much but I bet he gets that if he hangs on to them. Lots of people, including me, want Colt mags. I got five Colt 20rd and a couple 30rd mags on AR15.com's EE. $12 and $15 each, respectively, which was an ok price considering they were in great shape.