Ar hunting success tread

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by Billdogge, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Billdogge

Billdogge New Member

Please post pics and details of game taken with your ARs.

2. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

3. KartoffelSalat

KartoffelSalat New Member

.......Animals cant shoot back......why should we shoot them

4. Billdogge

Billdogge New Member

5. rhevans

rhevans New Member

Many have big teeth and they bite.

6. KartoffelSalat

OK ill give you that they are tasty, but please, have some respect for them....they are not on this earth merely for us to eat,

but to those who hunt for "sport", ....get a life, wheres the sport in shooting a pretty defenseless animal with a weapon when they cant defend themselves....come on

7. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Right, they are for tool making, clothing, shelter and food. If you don't care for hunting, fine. If you would rather get your food from a store where you don't know how it was processed, fine. I kill for food and I enjoy the sport of hunting. Move on if you don't like hunting or hunters.

And to the OP, there is a Hunting Thread section.

8. Squirrel_Slayer

Squirrel_Slayer New Member

Atta boy Skully, my thoughts exactly!

9. jwhirl413

jwhirl413 New Member

You are kinda right, they are here for us to eat, and for any other animal that is quick enough, smart enough or big enough to eat them. Humans didn't grow to such numbers eating lettuce. I'd rather eat wild game than some hormone fed chicken or cow(not that i dont love steak). I personally believe all animals are here to benefit us, I mean I really enjoy that leather belt and boots that I wear. :eek:

10. jwhirl413

jwhirl413 New Member

Skull you read my mind, and beat me to the punch!

11. Squirrel_Slayer

And what about the animals that are considered varmints and harmful to certain environments? Should we let them reproduce in insane numbers? Ground squirrels have been linked to numerous cases of bubonic plague in humans since 1980. They are also categorized as the most destructive varmint in my state, but no one can poison them for fear that a bird of prey will eat them and be poisoned as well. Should we just trap them all and relocate them? C'mon!

12. KartoffelSalat

i dont dislike hunting....just pissed off lately because ive seen lots of yahoo's disrespecting the animals....i recently saw a "hunt" where some jackass shot a domestic pig 6 times with a desert eagle while it was chained to the ground and about threw up

13. Squirrel_Slayer

We have had lots of memeber discuss that very video, and the consensus is the same, it's effin terrible, but don't lump hunters and people who enjoy varminting into the same group. What I shoot primarily isn't shot for food, but they are shot because they are a destructive pest that ruins people's land and hurts their livestock.

14. amoroque

amoroque New Member

Thanks for that clarification Squirrel Slayer......Shooting a pig that is chained the ground is not hunting.

Genesis 1:26 (King James Version)
    And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

15. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

THAT is not hunting.

It is called "hunting" , and not "killing", for a reason.

Hunters are never guaranteed success, just like predators in the wild rarely succeed. Game is wary, stealthy, smart and crafty. Not merely delicious.

16. orangello

orangello New Member

I am an animal, and i will shoot back. :D

Regarding the chained pig; i haven't seen the video. I do recall how my Grandmother killed domestic hogs; it didn't seem enjoyable. A college buddy explained how they kill cows for harvest in one of her animal sciences classes (farming-related) with this gun that fired a big bolt into its skull.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  17. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Did it look like this??

Attached Files:

18. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

This from the "anti-Coen brothers!"

19. orangello

orangello New Member

Nah, the one they used for the class was powered by blanks, .22 i believe. One larger steer required three or four bolts to take it all the way out. This was in 1995; technology may have changed.

20. Billdogge

Billdogge New Member

Wow!!!I just was hoping to see that the AR platform was becoming more popular as a hunting rifle, Not all this.

Will move to the hunting forum