AR discreat carry bag

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by TankTop, Jan 26, 2013.

1. TankTop

TankTop Well-Known Member Supporter

Want to find a bag to transport my AR that is camouflaged for living in a big city, so I'm thinking red or blue! Actually the Noveske bag looks awesome, now is there another option similar for about half the money? I want upper and lower strapped inside, decently padded and not looking like a gun case. I want to be able to walk out to my car without the lady jogging by to give me a second thought, or if I stop at the grocery store everyone doesn't go into panic mode.

2. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Find a hard shell guitar case, and some foam and a Sharp utility knife. If anyone asks say "dude, gig", etc. and ramble on about getting signed.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Why would you carry your AR into the grocery store?

4. Str8tShooter

Str8tShooter New Member

Maybe it's in the passenger seat of his convertible. :)

5. vincent

vincent New Member

Those little old ladies in the dairy section can get a bit feisty! :eek: :D

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I usually just avoid the grocery store. Lol.

7. TankTop

I couldn't really think of a good reason either...

8. CamoToe1

CamoToe1 Member

Here you go.

image-1821746429.jpg

SBR Ready :)

9. TankTop

Do you think my wife will allow me to carry my testicles in that as well?

10. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

hard to be discrete about carrying anything close to 3 ft or longer....

instrument cases, guitar or bass...even keyboard work well but are just as theft prone if visible in the back of a car or truck.....obviously because guitars and keyboards can typically be of value greater than $500....attractive to any crackhead thief....right?

cases for brass or reed instruments, might be less attractive to thieving minded smash and grabbers, but not sure if they're long enough...trombone or tenor sax might work, make it look like a school rental and it probably wont appear as valuable.

a sports equip duffel bag might work too...

11. MoreAltitude

MoreAltitude New Member

I'm thinking baseball/ bat bag. Something like this or similar might work well, just make some foam inserts to fit...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  12. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

when i used to rent in chicago in a bldg where i often had to walk past numerous tenants out on their back decks, before 2010 when the ban was still in effect, i'd bring home certain smaller "things";) in a nice unsuspecting makita or dewalt carrying case, just for cleaning of course:)

13. 70cuda383

70cuda383 New Member

those are theft prone too. apparently there are some thieves out there who are aware of how expensive nice baseball mitts and baseball bats can be.

That said...anything that comes with a case to carry it, is probably valuable enough that it NEEDS the case in the first place, and therefor, canbe a target to thieves.

so what I would do, is use a soft shell guitar case, barrel pointing up the neck portion of the case. then when I get to my vehicle, if it's a truck, the case will slide behind the seat of a regular cab truck and out of sight, or if an extended cab truck, you can flip up the back seats and hide it under them, or if an SUV or car, just toss it in the trunk or down on the floor and cover it with "trash" in your car. dirty blanket, wadded up T-shirt, empty bags of McDonalds trash, or whatever else you have in there! (I have 2 kids, younger than 7, so our vehicles ALWAYS have something in them that can be used to cover up valuables)

14. GrtWhytHype

GrtWhytHype New Member

I was always interested in this from 5.11

http://m.511tactical.com/All-Products/Bags-Backpacks/COVRT/COVRT-M4.html

Seems a little bulky as far as a backpack goes but it would give you what you need. I have one of their Rush sling bags as my EDC and I love it. A little over engineered though.

Here's the commercial for it.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6TciwvRcxQQ[/ame]

15. AR10

AR10 New Member

Even with a Nike logo on it, still looks like a gun might be in it

[​IMG]

16. MoreAltitude

MoreAltitude New Member

Pick any baseball/ bat bag Nike bag was random pic, better yet get a bag and stencil "Books" on it; that bag would be like kryptonite to today's criminals...

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013