AR Case Size

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by okdonk, Dec 19, 2011.

1. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Hi shooters,

I'm just wondering what's the suitable case size for a DD M4V2? Is it 38" or the 41"? I'll be picking up my rifle this weekend from my dealer and i thought of shopping the case now. I been browsing and interested of the Blackhawk 64RC41BK or the UTG Homeland Security 38". Since i'm not be able to measure the DD physically so i need your inputs of the size or case recommendations.
    Thank you once again ;)

2. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I have a DD 16" that will fit in a 36" case if you collapse the stock so 38" would be pretty handy. Unless you're cramming in a lot of extras you'll probably like that one.

3. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I have a 34" Bulldog soft case for my M4 and it fits like a glove. "with the stock fully collapsed"

4. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I finally got my DD today. Got the M4V4 instead of the V2. Measured it, minimal length is about 34".
    Ordered a UTG Elite case for $60 shipped. The length is about 41" as i might putting in all Magpul Mags, Glock + mags and etc.

Youtube review:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi3q5ndTl-s&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Thank you guys.. appreciated it ;)

5. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

I've been looking real hard at the Larue Tactical Covert Rifle Case. I really like how versatile it is. You can change it up depending on what you're carrying. I've just gotta wait till I've got some extra cash. Here's the link:

Covert Rifle Case | LaRue Tactical

-Fred

6. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Wow.. thats a really nice bag! I would get it too if the price $75-80 max. ;)

7. MrWray

MrWray New Member

This is the only thing that i have from Larue Tactical

20111221_004459-1.jpg

8. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

The only thing you need:p
    Op-for some stuff, such as a rifle bag, I use "o.e. tech" also known as condor, and I've had pretty good luck with them.

9. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I picked up a couple soft cases from Gander Mnt. for $20-$30 a fews back that work great. I also have a Voodoo 40ish" soft case that is a little long but will hold 2 rifles, 2 handguns and a metric ton of gear.

Last time I check Gander was out of those cases but the Voodoo can be found almost anywhere.

10. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I also have a Voodoo Tactical I picked up in a bargain bin locally. About 42" but looks bigger and holds about what MJ said. I like it - very tough bag with heavy stitching, velcro and zippers. Lots of pouches. I also have the small Cabellas soft case, I think it's 35" and perfect for one AR.

11. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Now that is one case I would like to have, very nice and tons of tie downs in it . Might have to start saving for that one :)

12. MrWray

MrWray New Member

This is my 34" bulldog case. Its perfect for my uses. It keeps 4 extra mags and i keep extra batteries in the zipper compartment

ForumRunner_20111221_162827.jpg

ForumRunner_20111221_163044.jpg