ar build

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by bogcjg, Jun 3, 2011.

1. bogcjg

bogcjg New Member

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  2. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

Nice parts but thats w/o stock for that price.. Also the description on the upper states a mis-built gas system thats too short and they wont stand behind it if it has a gas system issue.

For $815 plus shipping you could build a very sweet rifle. I would stay away from that upper but thats just my .02

3. bogcjg

bogcjg New Member

cool

thanx i will keep looking what do u think of the lower

4. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

That is a very nice looking lower, but it should be.. As dressed in the pics I think it was like $450 + shipping and ffl fees so your prob going to be at 5 bills just for the lower.

Are you looking to build a rifle or buy upper and lower and put them together? What are you looking to do with the rifle ? home defense? plinking at the range ? long range target shooting ? a mix of all the above?

If you are looking to build a nice mid-top shelf rifle then that would be a great start..

5. Quentin

Quentin New Member

That BCM is a nice lower and if you go with the blem it's $269 before adding a stock. Pretty hard to beat actually.

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

For a blem lower?!?!?! :eek::eek:

The lower has the absolute LEAST impact on accuracy as I could build a lower out of plywood that could shoot 2-2.5MOA with a quality upper.

My opinion would be to spend your money where it counts.

The lower is NOT where to spend your big dollars.

YMMV.

JD

7. Quentin

Quentin New Member

True, I wouldn't get one. :p I'd build up my own lower but for the quality parts that go in the BCM lower it's not a bad deal for someone who doesn't want to build a lower. Every report I've seen of the BCM blems as said the blemish was very minor. Heck my ARs have plenty of blems now. :D

8. bogcjg

bogcjg New Member

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  9. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Id buy one in a heartbeat. Thats a heck of a price for what you get. Most report having to strain to find the blem. Factory assembled out of quality parts w/ properly staked castle nut and 100% spec. No BS like sloppy pin holes or any of that other stuff you can run into w/ cheap lowers. BCM is shipping some of the best products on the market.

Like stated above the BCM is a very competitively price for a lower. You get more than you pay for w/ BCM.

I'm not a BM fan and would avoid the PC lower like the plague.

Personally on the upper this is what I have my eye on BCM 14.5" Mid Length LIGHT WEIGHT Upper Receiver Group w/ the BC 1.5

And a Cavalry Arms Mk II lower w/ DD LPK. The problem is they don't make them anymore and DSG is sold out except for a yellow one. Looks like I waited to long once again.

10. bogcjg

bogcjg New Member

Personally on the upper this is what I have my eye on BCM 14.5" Mid Length LIGHT WEIGHT Upper Receiver Group w/ the BC 1.5

And a Cavalry Arms Mk II lower w/ DD LPK. The problem is they don't make them anymore and DSG is sold out except for a yellow one. Looks like I waited to long once again.[/QUOTE]

wont i need the PWS FSC556 on that upper to make it leagal

11. Quentin

Quentin New Member

You'll need a muzzle device of about 1.7" pinned on to make it legal. Or go SBR. You might want to get a 16" barrel so you can just thread on the MD.

I'd steer clear of the Plum Crazy too, I don't see how they can stand up to hard use or years of normal use. Why go so cheap for the single part that's considered the "firearm".

12. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

or you can go w/ BCMs extended A2 style FH. The PWS is a lttle harsh on the people standing around you and is known to throw stuff back in your face. I havent noticed a whole lot of it though.

16" would be easier.

13. bogcjg

bogcjg New Member

what do u think

good upper or what

18" BD SS 1x8 5.56 Chambered MI T12 HG Upper Custom
    Bolt Carrier Assembly= dpms titanium
    midwest industries t9 with rail gas block
    vltor bcm med charging handle
    =600$ free shiping

14. russ

russ New Member

Hey buddy, come up to Junction for a weekend and we'll build one for you. I've put together several for myself and a couple for friends now, and all are running well. There is a shop up here that sells everything for cost + $10. Most of my stuff comes from him. We could probably put a good lower together complete for under $300. Or even buy a complete rifle from there. I'd be willing to go scout his inventory and get back to you.

Let me know if you are interested in something like that.

15. bogcjg

bogcjg New Member

thanx

that would be cool but i just found out i need to put this on hold for one or two months my dog has cancer it is going to cost me over 800 dollars for him

16. russ

russ New Member

Sorry to hear that man. Just went through that myself in January. Lost my best friend of 13 years.

1. bogcjg has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.
    Make some room in your PM box and I'll shoot you my contact info.

17. bogcjg

bogcjg New Member

cleared room

i msde some room