AR Build

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by ktmboyz, Nov 9, 2009.

1. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

In celebration of my 400th post I decided to build my first AR :D

I got a M&P lower and a dpms parts kit. My FFL had a used upper complete with bolt and carrier so I kinda cheated on the upper. It is an A-1 upper so I am gonna change the top housing to an A-3 and add a quad rail in place of the standard front grip so I can add accessories like a white light.

I had thought about not keeping this upper and getting a 20" varminter style but after building this lower I am thinking I want to do an AR-10 in 308 for my long range gun :cool:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Nice looking project you got there KTM! Looking forward to the finished model and a Range Report.

JD

3. iloveguns

iloveguns New Member

Very nice. Here is a pic of mine. I will be adding my ace stock today:D

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

^^

What's with the Baby Mag bro? You are in Idaho I thought, you don't have cap rules there, do you? :eek:

5. iloveguns

iloveguns New Member

No rules here bro. We are still in the land of the free in Idaho. Just wanted to see how long before someone said something. Guess only guys with good eyes would catch it:D

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Just tell him that's all you need!

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

You ought to know by now that JD knows his AR's... :D

8. iloveguns

iloveguns New Member

In that case check out the new stock I added yesterday:D

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  9. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

Well finished her up today :D Need to get a quad rail for the front and I think I am gona leave this one as is .
    [​IMG]

Bad news though, went to get my stock from him today and asked about getting some AR-10 parts in, so he turns around and grabs a lower off the wall and says " like this" ... Ooohhh nice armalite stripped lower ready to come home with me. I asked him to get a parts kit this week :confused: here we go, this black rifle sh*t is getting addicting

10. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

No mortal man could have refused ktm, not one of us here would have been able to walk away.:D

11. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Originally Posted by ktmboyz [​IMG]
    I got a M&P lower and a dpms parts kit.

Nice build, I am thinking about taking on an AR project myself. How do you like that S&W lower. I have seen it on Buds for around $150 but it looks 100% better in your pictures. Is it worth what Buds is asking for it? RGuns also has lowers on clearance for $55 but I am leery of something that cheap.

Thanks

12. hillbilly68

hillbilly68 New Member

She is shaping up! COngrats.

Hey I wouldnt touch a clearance lower for $55. JD is gonna scream at me (after all a lower is a lower is a a lower), but I betcha it is WAY the hell outta spec. Even some of the cheaper forged are out of spec more than they should be (brands not to be named).

A S&W is a good quality lower.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  13. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Thanks, kinda figured that but being a noob to ARs just figured I would throw it out there and get some input from the pros.