Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have hoped for an AR 15 for many years. I am now in the position to get one.
I know (or have read) that Colt is the Best.
I can get the Colt for $1395. I can get the Olympic Arms (in the same configuration) for $695.
Now I will not use the weapon for compitition, very long range shooting nor will I put many thousands of rounds through it.
The only thing that I might do is ream it so I can shoot 5.56 and even possibly get upper for 50 cal. Beowulf.
Please, what are your thoughts?
Your time is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Karl in Colorado

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Buy one in 5.56. Shoot that and .223. Or buy one in .223 wylde. Shots both as well.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
silverado113 said:
How's your build coming along?

It's done, going to upgrade the hand guard its on order. Then need a new rear flip up sight. Going to add a scope as well. Edit: and need a good deal on magpul stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
It's done, going to upgrade the hand guard its on order. Then need a new rear flip up sight. Going to add a scope as well. Edit: and need a good deal on magpul stock.
Nice it goes great with the pink flip flops ;) What kind of Magpul stock are you looking for?

·
Registered
7,545 Posts
Of those two, there's no contest. I'd get the Colt and you should be able to find a 6920 for around $1100, many Walmarts have them.

·
Premium Member
22,674 Posts
Of those two, there's no contest. I'd get the Colt and you should be able to find a 6920 for around $1100, many Walmarts have them.
There is a very good reason why the Colt is more expensive.

Quality.

It also holds it's resale value if you ever need to trade or sell it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Bought a colt le6920...awesome black rifle. Accurate and eats up anything I feed it. Have a buddy that used to have an Olympic...JUNK! Get the colt and u get a great rifle/carbine and the great colt name.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok. I see the general consensus is to ge the Colt.
Here is another question.
I came across this Bushmaster Carbon 15. It is chambered for the 223 and the 556. You also get a complete upper for 22. All for $995.
Any thoughts about this carbon lower and upper or experience?

Sincerely,
Karl in Colorado

·
Registered
7,545 Posts
The Carbon 15 is a poor choice. Some people swear by them but you see a lot more complaints.

·
Premium Member
22,674 Posts
Ok. I see the general consensus is to ge the Colt.
Here is another question.
I came across this Bushmaster Carbon 15. It is chambered for the 223 and the 556. You also get a complete upper for 22. All for $995.
Any thoughts about this carbon lower and upper or experience?

Sincerely,
Karl in Colorado
A few swear by them. Far more swear AT them.

I wouldn't have one as a gift.

Now, I love the IDEA of a carbon fiber Ar. But the current state of EXECUTION is less than desireable.

At least, IMHO!!

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
silverado113 said:
Nice it goes great with the pink flip flops ;) What kind of Magpul stock are you looking for?
Sent you a text.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts