AR 15 slick sided upper

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by string1946, Sep 29, 2013.

1. string1946

string1946 New Member

Does any know of someone that sells a slick sided AR upper receivers? No case deflector or FA but with port cover. I want to put an AR together like the one I shot in basic in 1967. Also a BCG without the FA notches and if not would one for the FA work. Like the picture without the auto position.

ForumRunner_20130929_123040.jpg

2. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Nodak Spud was making some slick sided uppers a few years ago. Don't know if they are still available. They were also making slick lowers that didn't have the fence around the mag release. The notched carriers will still work, and I have no idea where to find one without the FA notches, other than hunting used, surplus parts.

3. fsted2a

fsted2a Active Member

Fulton Armory was selling slickside BCG's. Don't know about now. I see a few retro look uppers every now and again at a gun show, but they are always a darker color than the original. The Viet Nam era handguards were glossy; the retro look ones will be matte. Best bet is to get an upper and lower CNC'd, then anodize and color them together, so it won't look like a redneck build. That way you will get more if you decide to sell it later. Either that, or if you can find an upper, strip the anodizing off both of them and do it over again. You can try www.gunbroker.com and see if you can find an original there. They will want premium bucks if you go that route.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  4. JonM

JonM Moderator

I think dpms makes slick side uppers.

I've got an old colt sp1 slick side wish I could find a slick side railed upper

5. fsted2a

fsted2a Active Member

If I am not mistaken, the OP is looking for an SP1 replica. Fulton Armory was making them a while back, but I don't think they carry them anymore.