Firearms Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to put a scope on my AR. Main things are being compact and affordable. Then reliable and durable (holds zero). Mainly gonna be plinking and hunting varmint. 300 yard max range most likely. Like to keep it in the $300 range. Suggestions?

Size is important to me. I sold a Nikon M223 4-16 because it was heavy and too big.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
I'm looking to put a scope on my AR. Main things are being compact and affordable. Then reliable and durable (holds zero). Mainly gonna be plinking and hunting varmint. 300 yard max range most likely. Like to keep it in the $300 range. Suggestions?

Size is important to me. I sold a Nikon M223 4-16 because it was heavy and too big.
For 300 yards u really don't need over 4x . I just bought a Nikon African and love it . Great scope. Crystal clear and rugged .

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
locutus said:
Take a look at the little Leupold 1.25-4X20. Light, small, perfect power range. About $425 and well worth it.

www.swfa.com
Ordered the Mark AR 1.5-4x20 with the SPR Firedot reticle. Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
22,674 Posts
Aimpoint PRO (Patrol rifle optic)

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
locutus said:
You're welcome!:):)
Well the idiots at Optics Planet told me it was in stock and then said it was backordered. So I cancelled my order and got a Primary Arms Red Dot instead

1 - 10 of 10 Posts