AR-15 Proves Handy in NC

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by nchunt101, May 13, 2014.

1. nchunt101

nchunt101 New Member

2. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

Shot in the stomach and 'ran' outside. Even a rifle will not always 'stop' the bandit. It is good thing the bandit decide to 'flight' and not 'fight' or it could have ended on a much sourer note for all!:eek:

3. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

The Chief of Police in Henderson has been urging citizens to arm themselves to great resistance. He was speaking to the city council to organize the citizens of Henderson in a community watch. The gentry of Henderson started an uproar saying they wanted no part of defending their city. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

More than once Mrs Gupton has asked me to hang around when she was closing the shop. It's pretty bad when the owner of a gun shop is concerned about an invasion. Mr Gupton is gentle mannered but he is no one to fool with.

4. nchunt101

nchunt101 New Member

What area of NC do you live in JD,,,,,I like to but ammo from Guptons but their guns are a bit high IMHO.

5. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

It is good that he was able to stop the BG. It is also good that the news reporter presented a positive account of the event, instead of the usual "Tsk tsk, when are they going to do something about the guns".

6. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

Surprising that he didn't unload on the BG, It could of got him killed.

7. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I am in Franklin county.

You have to make an appointment with Mrs Gupton to get a deal on a gun. If you buy the gun from anyone else in the shop it's priced as marked. Mr Gupton is a fair gunsmith. Fixing guns is all he cares to do. He will not make a deal on a gun or tell you to wait for Mrs Gupton. Mrs Gupton used to let me have guns on a 10% markup. Now it's like playing roulette. She might make you a good deal - She might not

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  8. nchunt101

nchunt101 New Member

Good to know...I didn't know the had a gunsmith in the shop. I have gotten a few good deals at Crosscreek and have found Wade easy to deal with. I mite have to give them another try as I have a few rough but very nice guns I would like restored.

9. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Varmint rounds do very well in close quarters.

10. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Gun shot wounds (GSWs) in the GI tract (gut shots) tend to not be debilitating immediately. These types of wounds, when fatal, are usually a result of hypovolemic shock (blood loss) which can take sometimes up to 20-30 minutes to have an affect. This is why LEOs are taught to aim for the chest. GSWs to the chest have a much higher chance of quicker traumatic response, ending the encounter faster and more safely for the victim.

This surprised me a bit, too. Semiautomatic actions combined with being fired upon usually equates to more than one round being fired. Most training courses will teach a double- or triple-tap even with a rifle, making this more strange. Not everyone dumps the magazine, but multiple rounds to guarantee stopping of aggression would have been the norm. Of course, they didn't mention if the homeowner had any formal training or not.

11. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

I know, I have witnessed many of them. One thing you never forger is the sound of a sucking chest wound. It don't matter if it caused by a gun shot or a knife wound.:eek: That is why I teach 'upper chest'. Gut shot is what you use if you want the person to die slow and painful, but he may take you with him if he is determined!:confused:

12. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

Also if you shoot somebody with a 5.56 Rd several places in any part of the body it will really mess a person up. The 5.7X28 is the smaller version and it is a surgeons nightmare if it don't kill you first.

13. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I really doubt the guy had any formal training. The average income in Vance county is under $20k a year. You are talking about one of the most poverty stricken areas in the state. He probably got the rifle on one of those six months of payments with no interest deals.

If he was a veteran he would have used his GI bill benefits to get the hell out of Vance county. He is likely the only Caucasian in the neighborhood.

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  14. nchunt101

nchunt101 New Member

Spoken for the truth though there are a few good areas. Middleburg, and Townsville and Cokesbury are decent enough. Was in Henderson tonight and felt like I was in southside Chicago.

15. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Moral of the story! Pistol, Shotgun, Rifle! Never only one round! A minimum of two and possibly three on an incident! That is my advice!
    Two center mass and one to the head if necessary! The dirtbag had a gun and fired so he is payed for.

Last edited: May 14, 2014