AR-15 parts for overseas customer

Discussion in 'DIY Projects' started by jamesvini, Apr 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesvini

jamesvini New Member

Hello,
    I'm an avid hunter from NZ and I was wondering if any one knew where I could order some AR-15 parts that would ship to New Zealand?

Cheers
    -James

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

You could order, but the receiving could be a problem.

You would have to find someone who can export from the states, and someone who can import to NZ. There is a dollar limit on what can be exported without a permit.

3. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

It depends on your gun laws, and what you want, if you want a magazine with a capacity of more than 10 it may have to go through California and it is illegal to ship new "high capacity" mags to ca, so shipping through it may be a no-no. I also don't think you can send a lower receiver to private citizens outside the country, you may need to get that in your country.

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Gents- State laws are not the issue here- it is Federal law. We cannot export guns or gun parts without a permit issued by the US Dept of Commerce. There ARE companies that are engaged in that business, but the cost to do it on a one time basis is too much. Try it without the permits, it will be seized by US Customs, and you will never see it again. Includes rifle scopes.

Have a friend that just donated a SMLE (made in Australia) to a museum in Australia, and he had to find an export company to handle the shipping.

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

6. DuraCoater

DuraCoater New Member

Yes, if you notice - most gun parts companies have a disclaimer (MAGPUL being one of the big boys) that they are unable to deliver any orders outside of the United States.

They all reference ITAR as mentioned.

You cannot even send a MAGPUL training DVD overseas due to ITAR.

7. FullautoUSA

That is dumber than gun control.

8. FullautoUSA

Probably because with the exception of Canada, Switzerland, Israel and apparently New Zealand, the other countries citizens cant own anything that could use a MAGPUL product.

9. DuraCoater

DuraCoater New Member

Magpul DVD is considered military training material and that is why is is restricted. To be honest, this is probably a good thing.

Imagine the jihadi's having free access to this training materials/equipment. :)

Edit: (they probably do anyhow because of internet + torrents, but we still need to do our part to at least try)

10. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Don't you know those Magpul training videos are downloadable in torrents? I got all copies of Magpul series from torrents. :)

11. DuraCoater

DuraCoater New Member

You spend thousands on guns (and suppressors?) and you steal $45.00 media? Not sure what there is so be smiling about.

Edit: Not trying to be an *** or a Debbie Downer, but that is messed up.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  12. JonM

JonM Moderator

I think the original question was answered with enough clarity that we dont need to muddy it up with a discussion of media piracy.

13. okdonk

okdonk New Member

That is how "Internet" is. Internet provides the apps and torrents so i wouldn't call it stealing. And i smiled because the food was ready on the table!

14. DuraCoater

DuraCoater New Member

So you would be OK with me breaking into your home and taking your guns for myself?

I mean, after all - the tools exist for me to do it, so its not really stealing.

I know I am new here and all, but this is one of the most screwed up mindsets I have ever encountered on a gun forum. If I was the website owner I would refund your membership and remove you.

Magpul does not give out their DVDs for free.

You did not pay for the DVDs.

You illegally downloaded them and paid Magpul nothing.

A thief justifying theft. Let this be a live example of how they think.

15. JonM

JonM Moderator

this is done. please read my post just above for why im closing this off

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.