Ar 15 or fn ps90

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by dunn, Jun 30, 2013.

1. dunn

dunn New Member

I have a bushmaster carbine but I want a fn ps90. Is it worth it to sell the bushmaster to purchase the fn.

2. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

I think the big question is, what do you use your AR for? If you hunt with it at all, the Ps90 is in no way a replacement. Ps90 is not a good SHTF choice IMO either, because of availability of ammo.

Both are fun range guns. If at all possible, save up for the Ps90 and have both.

3. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Since ammo has not become commonplace in the US, NO, it is not a good idea. The two carbines are not comparable in purpose or utility.

4. msup752

msup752 New Member

I concur. No to the PS90. 5.7 is a weak 5.56 round. Ammo is harder to come by and reload. The only advantage to 5.7 is weight and size.

5. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

The PS90 and Bushmaster are both fine. But my advice (if you're looking to spend a bit more) would be that you progress to a higher end DI AR. That's just based on my own perspective and values. And I would tend to point you in the direction of Daniel Defense, BCM, and PSA (many others are quite good, but these are the ideal performance:cost options IMO).

Just my own preferences. But it's your money and your gun. Buy whatever you can afford, you will enjoy, and you will take great pride in.