Ar-15 optic.

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by bjaxtax, Jul 24, 2013.

1. bjaxtax

bjaxtax New Member

Hey guy I am in the market for an ar scope/optic and would like it to be under 200$. The requirements are
    1. Not made in china
    2. Not a POS
    3. Will hold zero
    4. Magnification is a plus.
    Thanks in advance.

2. hoovco

hoovco New Member

Nikon makes some decent stuff in that price range.

3. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

4. sharkcoasttactical

sharkcoasttactical New Member

Bushnell just came out with this 2 power magnified red dot. Its a little over 200 but I've been putting it on a bunch of my package rifles latley. Its under featured products on my website

[​IMG]

5. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

6. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Vortex is made in China though and that's the OP's first requirement (it's also one of mine).

7. Triumphman

Triumphman Active Member

Check out Burris, Redfield, Older Tasco(Japan), Bushnell(some made in China or Phillipines).
    I know you said "no China", Mueller Optics is made in China, but they appear to have an extra-high standard of QC, very good reviews, and their Customer Service is outstanding(no affiliation with them). I was on RimfireCentral when the Owner first came out with these Scopes sometime back in late 90's early 2000's, and to this day they are still the cat's MEOW over there for price, accuracy, holding up to high recoils, and Warranty.

8. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Good luck!!! That firat one is going to be the stopper

9. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

I haven't purchased it yet, but made a bunch of trips to Cabela's and called my fav LGS.

LGS recommended the Redfield Battlezone. As part of my research talked to Redfield, and the tech was leaning towards the Revolution, but said there is so little difference between them, either would be find for my intended use.

Called the LGS back, and he said the same thing, however, he added the Battlezone just looks kewl on an AR :)

I'll probably wander down there next week with my AR, because they also said they would install it at no charge ;)

10. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

Not all Vortex are made in China. Only the red dots are made in China. The scopes are made in the USA.