Ar-15/m4

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by stlaurence, Oct 20, 2011.

1. stlaurence

stlaurence New Member

I've been in the army for 3+ years so I'm comfortable around firearms I still do not own one of my own yet. Me and my wife are looking into buying 2 around late winter early spring. I was wondering what some of you would suggest either purchasing the whole rifle or buying the upper and lower separately.also what is a better weapon all around the AR-15 or the M4. I'm looking to spend around $1000 each. I'd like them to come with both a front and rear sight but I'd also like it to have tac-rails preferably without a handle on top. Also I'd prefer it to be a 5.56. I apologize if I sound stupid. Thank you

2. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Everyone will have their different references but the two that i would recommend is the Rock River and the Stag. I have owned a RRA and it was a good rifle,now i own a Stag 5.56 M4 and wouldnt part with it

ForumRunner_20111020_191934.jpg

3. stlaurence

stlaurence New Member

Thank you mrwray I'm looking for as much info on them as I can. I'm also wondering would it be best to purchase new or pre owned?

4. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I would go with a new one,but thats just me..i like a fresh new rifle

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

6. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

For $1K you can get into a BCM. When BCM says they build their ARs for the proffessional they are not kidding. Their product is one of the most respected in industry and can be had for the same price as lesser quality ARs.