AR 15 - help please

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Natie, May 16, 2014.

1. Natie

Natie New Member

ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1400277751.951367.jpg ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1400277776.324621.jpg ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1400277798.777571.jpg

Hi guys
    I need a bit more info on this rifle. Im busy buying it and the only thing i know is that it is a Colt AR15. Can you guys please assist me or let me know where i can find out and do research.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

2. ParhfinderAFW

ParhfinderAFW New Member

Looks old school to me. triangular handguard and A1 (I think) sights.

Sent from my iPod touch using Firearms Talk

3. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

yeah definitely an A1 style. This means this is the first model that was made for the military. Pics of the other side would be great. Price wise, IDK really. I would think no more than $800-1000 unless there was something special about it like low serial number

4. Natie

Natie New Member

Hi thank you

I got it for R 2 500 so its about $200. Ill go see what i can get to read about this. Ill probably wait about 3 - 6 months for the license to be on my name.

Do you guys know of any extras i can put on this rifle?

5. Natie

Natie New Member

Hi fa35jsf
    Here is a photo of the other side ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1400318350.883341.jpg of this rifle.

6. therewolf

therewolf New Member

It's sort of modular. I had a beast of a

time finding an all-original Colt A2.

All everybody had was the M4/CAR-15

style for the longest time. They are very easy to find.

If I were you, I'd consider leaving your Colt all

original. You got to it for 200 $? Nice.

7. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

I agree. If it is truely all Colt, meaning somebody didn't just build it from a mixed bag of parts, then leave it all original. Yours appears to be all original based on your pictures. I would be interested to know how old it is because some of the very low serial numbered colts can go for 2-5 thousand dollars.

Now if you are dead set on adding accessories then you can remove the front handguards and replace them with something like a quad rail that you can then mount a flashlight, laser, or whatever you heart desires. BUT SAVE THE ORIGINAL HANDGUARD!

8. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

It looks like it may never have been fired and only dropped once. Definitely a collector's item.

9. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

Are you saying it's French surplus? :D

10. sfcjcl

sfcjcl New Member

I am not wanting to "rain on your parade", yet I notice from your pictures that the serial number area is not coated, I could be wrong, but after being in and out of the Army since 1983, I've never seen that particular detail until the last few years. Again, I would check the serial against the Colt website for date of Manufacture.

11. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

What's that?

I like that gun. I have always liked the original type versions. It being a Colt also makes it more cool, IMHO. If someone had those for sale for 200 ea, I'd buy 3 or 4 right now, cash money.

12. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

Nice AR, the ones you buy now days have the lower receiver incased, you can do a lot with that.

13. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

The rupee. India.

14. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Huh. I didn't know you could buy guns in India. My FIL is from India, and all the indians I know would never be interested in guns....

Now, what about this? Not sure what that means, either...

15. JonM

JonM Moderator

Cant tell you much about it without very good closeup picks of all markings. There are certain forge markings on the front sight base on the carry habdle both sides of the reciever.

Would need close ups of the buttstock the inside of the lower reciever and the bottom of the bolt carrier and i could tell you more.

Also need close ups of the upper reciever left and right.

All i can tell you is its black and loosely resembles a colt sp1 from the pics.

16. Natie

Natie New Member

Thanks
    Ill try and get close up photos asap but the rifle is not close to me and I'm waiting for my license and it may take 6 months.

17. Natie

Natie New Member

Hi
    I got the serial number. Where can i go and check it?

18. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

So?????? When was it made?

19. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Yeah, inquiring minds want to know. And I'm still wondering about Indian gun laws....