Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wheres the best place to find good brand of ammo .223\5.56 cheap. I dont wanna shoot tulammo but i would like to buy something in bulk for cheap.

·
Registered
376 Posts
A local gun store?

Just paid 359 for a case of federal

·
Registered
7,545 Posts
Some Walmarts have American Eagle for $6.99/20.

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
Ammuniton to go
Wideners
Aim Surplus

I've used each of these places.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ultimate_sig said:
Wheres the best place to find good brand of ammo .223\5.56 cheap. I dont wanna shoot tulammo but i would like to buy something in bulk for cheap.
I have bought Herters brand from Cabelas for $233 for 1,000 rounds. Have shot about 600 rounds so far with only failure to fire. They give you a choice of HP or FMJ. TheyA're steel cases with a coating, but I can't reload them that cheap!

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
Since a lot of Wolf ammo is loaded at the Tula factory I figured he may have excluded it as well.

·
Banned
1,427 Posts
Aimsurplus has Wolf in stock. But then again like mentioned before it'll wear your rifle prematurely and get it really dirty. We all know a dirty AR will not function properly. :eek:

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I almost always run steel cased ammo in my rifles. I have not experienced any but I believe a ftf now and again would be a welcome addition to the training, how can you practice malfunction clearing with out having one pop up. yes you can use snap caps but then you know its going to be there and are prepared for it.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
willfully armed said:
Professional reloader.

I've heard it all now. Does he reload steel case stuff too?
Well i take that back those weren't his words, hes been reloading for 30 plus years.

·
Banned
1,427 Posts
The majority of failures during the classes I have taken are from reloaded rounds loaded by "professional" reloaders. There's a reason most don't allow it.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Aimsurplus has Wolf in stock. But then again like mentioned before it'll wear your rifle prematurely and get it really dirty. We all know a dirty AR will not function properly. :eek:
Mike, I never had a problem with Wolf. My ARs can go through it all day long without a hiccup. Some rifles are picky eaters, but I stay away from them.If I had a rifle that woulnt shoot steel, I would repair it, because it is broke. As far as getting dirty, I just spray some solvent on a few key parts after the barrel quits glowing, replace the gas rings, (unless it is on my piston gun), and call it a day. I don't baby my guns, and they work just fine. That was the case when I could afford the ammo to have fun. Now 50 rounds or so, and I am out. Can't afford to shoot as much. Bummer. Oh crap, I just realized you were being sarcstic :rolleyes: Damn, now I feel like an idiot.:eek:

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
AMMOMAN - 223/556

Great products, great service.

If your AR won't shoot Wolf, get another stick! It runs fine in my Colt, I may be crazy, but I'm NOT stupid!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I shoot WPA and can get it locally for ~$120.00 per 500. Never had an issue with it at all!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts