Ar-15 flash enhancers

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by tderrick, May 14, 2012.

1. tderrick

tderrick New Member

Can they be attached to all ar-15's and what are some good brands to choose from.

2. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

Enhancer? Why?

3. orangello

orangello New Member

[sks owner raises hand sheepishly] :confused:

4. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I think you mean a flash suppressor. and yes, they can be used on most AR-15 type rifles.

I don't know that any one brand is better than the others, mine all came with the suppressor already installed.

5. orangello

orangello New Member

Aren't there some states (thinking NY) with pretty particular rules about the allowable "muzzle device" and how it has to be attached and such? Probably just NY & CA.

6. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

California isn't fond of flash hidders/suppressors but there are some compensator/suppressors like the PWS FSC and Battle Comp that are legal in those states. I think flash and sound suppression should be gtg w/o a stamp in all 50 as well as standard cap (30 round) mags.

7. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

In California, flash hiders are considered an evil feature. So if you have one, you need to have a fixed magazine. If you don't have a flash hider, any sort of pistol grip (forward or rear), or a collapseable stock, then you can have a regular magazine release. If you have any of these EVIL features (lol) then you magazine must be fixed and must require a tool to drop the mag.

<3 Cali.

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

best cheap flash suppressor if your not running a qd suppressor is the A2 military flash hider. you not only get a great flash hider but it prevents dirt kicking up and blocking your view or giving you away when shooting prone.

also keeps from damage the paint on the hood of your car when using it as a hasty rest. dont ask me how i know that....