AR-15 build

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by elfmdl, Nov 4, 2012.

1. elfmdl

elfmdl New Member

Those of you that have built your own AR how did you go about doing it? Did you use an instruction manual, a step by step video, or some other method?

2. darkhellwolf

darkhellwolf New Member

I just tryed pice it together

3. ZeusEcho

ZeusEcho Member Lifetime Supporter

I read Agenttikki's primer and the other stickies several times, figured out what kind of AR I wanted that would suit my needs, sought advice from this and other forums, searched reviews and YouTube videos.

Started ordering parts...ended up with a BCM and couldn't have been happier. I bought a complete a complete upper and BCM doesn't sell stripped lowers so all I did was figure out which parts i wanted to add like the BCG, grip, stick rails etc.

Just finished my second build which started with a stripped lower and un-barreled upper. With a few tools- punches, roll pin pinches, vice blocks, AR15 wrench, torque wrench and the guidance of many of the members here who have allot of experience and are willing to share, it's really very easy to build one.

4. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Some of the parts manufactures have videos on the web. If I remember correctly I googled under videos for the parts I wanted to assemble. That is when I stumbled onto a bunch of youtube videos. They were very helpful.

5. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Read the "stick" threads at the top of the AR15 section.

I built my first lower using Dillinger's guide. I built my first lower BT.

I have also assembled one complete upper using PSA receivers, barrels, LPK.

Brownells has video links on there website.

Oh yeah, BT = before Tikki's thread was posted.

6. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

the forum, and printed instructions. was very easy. just took it one peice at a time. i assemble the lowers, have not attempted an upper yet.

7. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member