Firearms Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I stumbled upon your forum while doing some research on building my first AR-15. I know there is plenty of posts about this asking for help, which I have been reading, but I have a question of opinion on a particular site that I found that sells kits for AR-15 builds. They put everything in a kit, minus the lower of course, and sell it. I was wondering if there prices were fair for what they are selling, because I'm new to this I really don't know. I'm really excited to get working on this, but I do want to take the time to get my research down before I start, and to get the right price because money is tight lately. Anyway, here is the site that I mentioned, you can click on the various kits that they offer. I am particularly interested in the "20" HBAR Rifle Kit" and the "Lightweight Rifle Kit". What do you guys think? Thanks for any help guys, I appreciate it!

M-16 and AR-15 Rifle kit Parts From Military manufacturers

Nathan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! I pretty much want to rifle for accurate shooting at the range, and as a defensive carbine, so 300 meters would be fine for my purposes I suppose. I certainly will shop around, I just like the convenience of the kits that they offer. And yes, I did notice that the "bells and whistles" do really increase the price quite a bit as you go. I plan on assembling a very basic and simple rifle to start with, and adding more advanced options down the road.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your two cents Dillinger. I've got plenty of time to figure what exactly I want, but I think I'd be better off saving as much money as possible to get exactly what I want in the rifle I intend on building, rather than just going ahead with some basic package that some site offers. I definitely want to deal with a retailer that offers quality products, so again, taking my time is probably the way to go.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you very much slowryde45, that information was very useful, I'll be sure to look into those sites you listed there. I actually found out recently that there is a Bushmaster retail outlet thirty minutes away from my house, so I plan on swinging by there and checking out what they are charging for parts. I think if anything I will purchase the lower from them and piece the rest of the kit as I go, although I am wary to wait too long just in case there is some kind of ban.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts