Firearms Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
Okay, I am no expert, nor do I play one on line. :D

I have never dealt with the AR-Parts-Kit-Incorporated that you linked. One thing I noticed is that while their prices go up as you add options, their prices on the upgrades are not THAT bad given the kit.

For example:

YHM CAR solid 4 Rail forearm tube (+$114.00)

Most of the 4 rail systems from Yankee Hill Machine run in excess $130 dollars, plus shipping, plus you have to install them yourself. So in that instance, you are getting a deal.

With Badger GEN 2 Tactical Latch (+$20.50)

Badger Ord makes one of the best tactical charging handles for AR's in my opinion and it's going to cost you $20 plus shipping to get one, so this isn't a bad deal.

Magpul CTR Stock add (+$99.00)

Great unit: It's going to cost you $90-$100 plus shipping IF you can find it in stock anywhere, plus you need the tool to install it correctly - so you make the call.

So, I don't know if they are giving you the same quality, correctly assembled, correctly timed, correctly headspaces unit that we would give you from our shop - but they aren't outright gouging you either...

So, take that information for what it's worth. Building your own is ALWAYS the best way to go, even in these trying times....

JD

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
Well, that is probably the responsible choice. There are a couple of great threads done by our existing members, and I am here if you need semi pro help ( :D ) so feel free to post as you progress...

JD

1 - 2 of 2 Posts