Ar-15 belt feed

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by BigMike5950, Sep 23, 2011.

1. BigMike5950

BigMike5950 New Member

Is this possable?????

Attached Files:

2. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Almost anything is possible, the better question is - is it practical? :p

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

Possible- yes. Saw it in a magazine with a full write up several years ago, and can't remember the magazine

Practical- depends. There is already a weapon that fills this role, the M249 SAW or MINIME if your brit. I would think the SAW is better suited for full auto, just because it is purpose built for it. And if that thing is a semi auto then no, it's not practical, not with the higher quality drum mags on the market today.

4. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

the M249 SAW is my all-time fave. There have been a lot of people knock the SAW but mine never once failed me. I carried it the entire time I was in the infantry, and hated going to MP's because they wouldn't let me keep it. I've burned through well over 2,000 rounds in a single firefight, rockin and rollin like it was going out of style. I only used the little bottle of CLP they gave me for bore cleaning, and packed around a can of carb cleaner, a bore snake, and an industrial type looking can of vaseline for lube.

6. trip286

trip286 New Member

And if the Russkie hasn't cut his hand already with that palm down grip on the charging handle, He will soon.

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

yes there are two different makers of similar uppers. neither work all that well cost is in the 3000$ range maybe more. wait time for one is 6 months to a year.

total waste of money.

easier cheaper and more reliable to just buy beta-cmag 100 round drums. and the cmags are faster to load. linking ammo by hand even with a linker tool is a pita

8. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

damn i love that guys youtube channel, check out his other vids to when u get a chance

9. trip286

trip286 New Member

Yeah I sat down a couple weeks ago and just watched them till the wife got ticked off at all the gunfire.

10. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

huh, thats odd, that same thing happens to me when i get on line, the wife tell me to put them damn uncomfy headphones on. whats up with that:D

11. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

12. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member