AR 10 DPMS panther .308

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by USMarine, Jul 10, 2011.

1. USMarine

USMarine New Member

What's the verdict on this weapons accuracy? With the right ammo, 24" bull barrel (1/10 twist), sniper stock with mono pod, Haris bi pods, and a trained long range shooter, can this weapon reach out and touch a 1000yrds accurately?

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

the range i go to there are a few people who bring out dpms and rra 308's the only ones ive seen having issues are the dpms usually involving feeding issues with the mags.

ive seen one individual with a rra 308 ar turning in moa groups at 300yds

ive never personally shot either model. i went with a m1a instead

3. USMarine

USMarine New Member

Well I just bought one and I was impressed with the accuracy and over all performance. I was shooting apples at 500yrds with the stock weapon and a bushnell scope. Now i have built it as close as possible to being a military worthy sniper rifle. All I'm waiting for is my vortex viper pst 6-24x50 scope. I'm just excited to see some steel drop at no less than 800yrds! Just wondering if anyone else has attempted that range with this particular rifle.

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

I dont doubt its accurate as hell. The ar10 is a good system. Congrats on your new shootin stick!! Most of the peeps ive seen with both main brands cant hit a barn from the inside. One guy was even getting mad trying to stuff 7.62x54r in the mag...

Makes for fun range days

5. russ

russ New Member

My DPMS:
    [​IMG]

While I'm sure it's easily sub-MOA capable, I'm not. Well, not yet anyway.

6. USMarine

USMarine New Member

Well Russ looks like you have good taste! It looks a lot like mine but I have a different stock is all. It doesn't take natural skill to shoot. All you need is the basics and apply them with every trigger pull. Good shooting!

7. russ

russ New Member

Thanks. I topped mine with a Sightron S3 8-32x56 fine crosshair in Warne rings.

The rifle definitely likes the heavier bullets, 168 grain and up. My groups tighten up with these.

8. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Personally I like the Rock River LAR-8 due to a couple of reasons.

1. Take Inch or Metric FN-FAL or LAR Magazines that are not proprietary and you can find good Mil-Spec good quality mags at most gun shows reasonable!
    2. The 2 Stage N.M. Trigger
    3. Even the 16in Rifles will shoot an MOA and the 20-26 or longer barrels are phenomenal.
    4. Ltd. Lifetime Warranty against any factory defects.
    5. Reasonably priced for the quality of rifle it is.

Just a fine 308 Rife no matter what the configuration.

9. russ

russ New Member

At least with DPMS we get to use P-mags. :)

10. USMarine

USMarine New Member

I used P-mags in the Afghanistan and they were amazing even in combat with all the wear and tear they went through. I truly believe in these mags. I trusted them with my life, I think I can trust them on a hunt or at the range!