Applied for cwp today

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by alwaysarmed, Jan 26, 2013.

1. alwaysarmed

alwaysarmed New Member

Applied today and while getting finger printed asked the girl what the average turnaround was and she told me 6 months!!! What?
    What's it like in other states. I'm in IN.

2. mwardo23

mwardo23 New Member

Took about 30 days here in VA

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

In Massachusetts the law says six weeks max, the average of late has been a 10 week minimum.

4. potentialglock

potentialglock New Member

Took about 45 for me in VA

5. DirkFugliss

DirkFugliss New Member

40-45 days in Michigan (before sandyhook)

6. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

In the free states of Alaska, Arizona and Wyoming its zero time. Citizens do not have to say may I sir. No permit is needed to carry open or concealed. It looks like Utah will also become a free state very soon as well.;)

7. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have been waiting for my renewal for 12 weeks. They said it would take 6-9. I called yesterday. They said they will call me when it is ready. She kind of acted like I was bothering her. Funny I spoke with the lady that processes them a week ago. She said I had been approved then. This is done in the front office at the jail. Perhaps I should have mentioned I am on the Jail ministry. I am sure they are just backed up. They are getting a record number of background check requests. The funny thing is...this is not free. A first timer is $100. Renewal is $30. You would think they would have plenty of money to hire more people to help. I wonder what they are really doing with the fees.

8. firedawg60

firedawg60 New Member

9. alwaysarmed

alwaysarmed New Member

So I'm not out of line thinking six months is a little crazy

10. nreuter

nreuter New Member

It took 3 months to get my lifetime CWP in Indiana. They told me two weeks. Go figure. Just wait patiently is my recommendation.

11. Toll13

Toll13 New Member

I live in PA and walked into the office at 12:40 to apply and left with my permit at 12:55.

12. Spazzmodicus

Spazzmodicus New Member

60 days to recieve my lifetime permit in Indiana, from a current 4 year permit.

13. bigdaddyjeff

bigdaddyjeff New Member

I applied for mine on this past wednesday.

14. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Took me 6 months in Ky, that was three or so years ago, my time was in no way typical though i was never told why so long.

15. bigdaddyjeff

bigdaddyjeff New Member

I think it normally takes about 5 weeks here in TN but i think its just exstensive background checks. Im not sure though.

16. markie357

markie357 New Member

In Macomb County Mi It took me 74 days but other county's it was a whole lot less. I applied in November and will get mine Friday

17. audiophile

audiophile New Member

In Oklahoma, OSBI states 60-90 days from the day they receive the application. They charged my card on November 16th, arrived in the mail yesterday.

18. Laduckhunter

Laduckhunter New Member

Took 13 weeks here in Louisiana. Got mine in today!

19. freetobefree

freetobefree New Member

45 days in Utah... just got it the other day

20. JohnnyRingo

JohnnyRingo New Member

I live in georgia. Applied on 1/22 and got it in the mail yesterday. They said about 3 weeks and only 8 days later it's here.