Apple OS7. Love it or hate it.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by LandMonster, Sep 22, 2013.

1. LandMonster

LandMonster New Member

Hate it. Why do I have to relearn what was not broke to start with? And it's not as natural to use as it was!!! Steve Jobs is dead 2 years and now they drop this crap OS on me?!? Come on!!!

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

My iPad and iPhone have not automatically updated to the new version. :D

3. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

It actually functions the same as before.. Just looks better and is actually easier.. :confused: I love it.. Stop resisting change lol

4. rockratt

rockratt Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I updated my Iphone last week and I agree. Unlike past updates this one changes everything!!!!!:mad:

5. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

This is really not an 'update' it's a new OS.. It's really not to different in terms of function, just looks different.

6. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

I haven't had any problems with it!!! There are a few new things, but everything is working great.

7. TankTop

TankTop Active Member Supporter

Anyone notice embedded videos won't rotate to landscape mode or full page? Other than that it's great, I keep finding new tricks. In web browser you can swipe left to right to go back a page. Ales I like the webOS function of tossing open apps off. I'm also mad that Siri is getting smarter, used her to voice dial my wife and she wouldn't let me because she knew I was driving.

8. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

How is it that different?

Tank- Yea I have head that happen a few times.

9. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

Haven't noticed any issues with embedded videos yet..
    Is Siri using 'location Services' to determine your driving? Not sure how else she would know.. That's weird cause if you weren't driving she may assume you were.. Hmm

10. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Still have to clear off some stuff to make room on my iPhone for it. Using it on my iPad as we speak. Love it!

11. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

Being able to delete music without syncing is an awesome upgrade for me. I buy my iTunes music via my phone but try not to keep it on my phone.. I have an iPod for music and an old iPhone for audiobooks.. For whatever reason (in the past) whenever I told iTunes not to sync music(on my phone) some music would stay regardless, I actually had to restore once too(IMO) had built up on my phone to remove it. Not an issue now :)

12. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

It's too clean and bright for me. I wish they gave me the option to manipulate the color scheme. There are some new functions like airplay mirroring that I love. I haven't tried out the airdrop yet but I can see that being useful at work. I like the pull up menu giving access to some settings and the player. It seems they incorporated a lot of feedback from people that have experience with android systems because it really had a big android like feel. For me the jury is still out in the overall "hate it love it". A few more days of playing and using and I'll either adjust or not, time will tell.

13. DrFootball

For those that don't like it, 6.13 is still pretty robust. BTW Airdrop was on the last OS, and works on ANY device above and including the 4S/iPad 3/4, iPad mini....
    I use it all the time, from my iMac to my MacBookPro, and over to our iDevices.
    Also if you ALSO have an Apple TV box( I have 3) it works with your box as well.

14. Robert121571

Robert121571 New Member

It is ok but they may have hurt them selves in the accessibility department. iOS has been big among blind and visually impaired people do to it was so accessible. Well with the new transparent keyboard that they some how decided was nicer has made it almost impossible for people with low vision to type on it. There are settings to ahistorical contrast that they put in but guess what don't affect the keyboard. There is a built in keyboard that is revere white on black keys built in that pops up when you have to enter password when buying apps. But no way to set that as one to use.

15. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

You can increase the text size.

16. DrFootball

Mostly I use an Apple Bluetooth keyboard with my iPad. But I can see that it would be an issue for someone with vision impairment on using the phone. I'm sure someone will build a keyboard app.

17. Robert121571

Robert121571 New Member

That would be cool but that is one thing not in the open API is for people to write a custom keyboard app. Unless you have jailbroken the device.

Don't get me wrong I love my iPhone. Just feel betrayed that it seems that no one took the time this go around to make shore they kept with their standard of being fully accessible. I can manage but I had to warn friends of mine that have bad eyes to wait and not update if they don't have to.

18. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

19. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

I still have IOS 5

20. M605

M605 New Member

I just installed it on my iPhone 5 yesterday, so far no complaints. I like what they have done with the camera. I use it to remote in to remote servers when on call and have not got to test that part of it yet so verdict is still out.