App Or Computer?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Vikingdad, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Computer Only

25.5%
  2. App Only

29.4%
  3. Computer Mainly, App Occasionally

23.5%
  4. App Mainly, Computer Occasionally

15.7%
  5. Other (Please post why you chose this)

5.9%
  1. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

How do you access the Forum? What are your likes/dislikes about it?

I primarily use a laptop, but occasionally I use my new iPad. I can't say I have found anything I like about the App though.

2. G30USMC

G30USMC Well-Known Member Supporter

I use the browser and the app on the iPhone, I find it easier for me to keep up with the threads faster, via the app

3. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

My son just got a smart phone the other day and is not really happy with the app, though he doesn't tend to post too much (which I find maddening on the iPad, but that has nothing to do with the app). He also says he can't listen to the podcasts on it:(.

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I don't have a smart phone or any tablet. Just a desk top and two laptops. So, it's computer only for me.

5. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Smartphone about 80% of the time, IPad the rest. I've used the app once, didn't care for it.

6. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

I use the browser on my eye pad 95% of the time.

I use the app on my phone to check in every now & then.

7. Vincine

Vincine New Member

I used to use a notebook and accessed FTF via Chrome. Now I use an iPad, but I still go through Chrome to get to FTF. I like the way it works. I've had mixed results with apps. It seems they all work differently. I should try the FTF app, sometime, maybe.

8. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Big Fingers, bad vision and a plethora of computers all add up to not so much IPAding or Smart Phoning! Im tactile and nothing really beats the feel and size of a real keyboard or the footprint and image quality of a full sized display instead of a mini screen with finger prints on it. I dont usually just write a few words (Some of you may wish I did), touch panels just dont cut it, I just get frustrated and move on to something I can do thats more productive (my wife says my FTF isnt productive at all!!!).

9. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

While I can do a lot of different things on my phone, it's very seldom the ideal tool. It's something I tolerate until I can get to a real computer.

10. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I usually use my computer to access the forum but I will on my cell some if I"m out and about. My wife does not drive (she just doesn't want to do it) so I'll use my cell when I'm waiting for her to come out.
    But even with my cell I don't use the app. I don't care for the layout so much so I use my mobile Firefox browser. I think I do this more for familiarity. It looks the same just smaller.

11. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

I agree, as Ive aged, smaller looks more like tiny and its hard to touch the right thing with my big fingers! Even the Ipad is a challenge without a keyboard and Im partial to a mouse. Ive gotten used to the glidepad on my laptop but its not really the same as a mouse especially for drawing layouts and prints.

Some folks can replace a computer with those scaled down critters, that hasnt been the case for me.

12. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

iPhone app 100% if the time, which needs an iOS 7 update badly by the way.

13. Vincine

Vincine New Member

I just tried the app. You can't use typography modifications to better express one's thoughts.

14. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I was considering a tablet or a smartphone but just opted for a second lap top for this very reason.

15. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

I only use the app. I think it is easier to navigate the threads.

16. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

When at home I use my computer, at work my tablet and smart phone.
    I just loaded the app on my tablet it seems to work ok but I think I prefer to
    Use chrome to acces the site.I'm not a fan of the touch screen so I have a wireless
    Key-board.

17. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

App only, my phone is my only internet connection. It works awesome unless you don't like: waiting for "contacting remote site", posting a picture three times and getting two crashes, not being able to post links, etc.

18. orangello

orangello New Member

Desktop at office, iPad app otherwise. I can't see the picture threads on the app.

19. Artbrownsr

Artbrownsr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Desktop computer only. I do NOT have any of the "new fangled deelybobs".
    My cell is a Motorola "Flip phone".

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2013
  20. 1911love

1911love New Member

I don't have a computer so I only use the app. I was on an iPhone, and the app worked great. Pics were full screen when viewed and it never crashed or stalled.

Now I'm on a Galaxy S4(Android) and it crashes all the time and stalls a lot. Also, when viewing pictures they are always mini sized. I sure would like the Android app to work like the iOS app.