apocalypse rifle of choice

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by ZmbieWolf, Mar 14, 2012.

1. ZmbieWolf

ZmbieWolf New Member

Hey guys, I was just pondering what would be a good firearm in the event of the collapse of the government. I think that the ww2 (or modern re-productions) m1 carbine would be great because of its size and weight.
    What do you guys think? Post your opinions or responses

2. almostgotme

almostgotme New Member

For hunting food, something chambered in .223. Zomie killing? .308. Both rounds are widely produced in the U.S. which means more places can be looted for them. Lol

3. Retaks

Retaks New Member

Ill be sticking with my AR-15. One of the shops close to me has 3 skids of 223 rounds they sell for range use. Im unsure exactly how many rounds are on a skid but i would guess somewhere around 160,000 rounds per skid.

4. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Another one?
    OK
    AR is a coupla generations better but if you have an M-1 Carbine, a really really good pistol, don't feel badly.

5. NativH

NativH New Member

If only one, my LMT M4 5.56. But I also have my Armalite AR10 (308), am picking up a FA Uzi (and will also get a M2 carbine - FA) and several 1911's and Glocks. One just isn't enough. But, if I must bug out quickly, the LMT is in its case (when not in use) with 10-30 round mags loaded with Hornady TAP 5.56 75 gr T2 rounds (8126N).

6. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

I will have to stick with my M1A. It would be nice it it were lighter but I know it well and I think it would be a good tool when I needed it.

7. Werminator

Werminator Member

I have an SKS laying around for this reason. I love shooting it and it is so simple to maintain... I lucked out when I bought it. It came so well sighted that with the irons I can consistently hit a 4" target 8 out of 10 times or better at around 90 yards. Not bad for a bad shot like me...

8. The_Kid

The_Kid New Member

I can shoot my Win94 30-30 just as well as my 30-06s and since it uses less powder it will be more economical to shoot. I can make use of any 30cal rifle ammo that I scrounge, since I reload; (M1 Carbine powder can be used in my 357.)

Anyone that reloads will have an advantage in the ammo scrounging category.

9. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

My AR for sure. Need to get a few more mags though..

I'm supprised nobody has said a .22. I will for sure be using my 10/22. The reason being, 1 box of rifle ammo=20rds, 1 box of .22 ammo=500rds. I don't care how much weaker it is, I like that math better.

10. The_Kid

The_Kid New Member

I took my 30-30 over the 22 since the post said "rifle," singular. I'll also be using a 22 in a handgun and rifle.

11. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I would prefer my Ar in 5.56 and my .22lr bolt conversion to go with it , change it out from .223 to .22lr in about 20 seconds or less . I know there is ammo available in those calibers probably more than anything out there .

12. TLuker

TLuker New Member

Mini 14 in .223.:)

Bolt action .22 mag would be a close second.

13. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

The 1st problem is rifle. There are 4 of us. If we stay home, I'm good for a while. Bet there will be more rifles around that the shooter had no ammo for. Ammo I've got. Reloading supplies I've got. Your all gonna die, and I get your rifle.;)

14. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

A good M-4 type with an A.C.O.G., Holosight or Aimpoint, and you're well armed.

A properly placed round of M193 ball will kill anything you need to kill, and you can carry a helluva lot of them for the same weight as a small handful of 7.62X51.:p