Apocalypse PA, History Channel

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by M14sRock, Nov 22, 2010.

1. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I just stumbled upon a show on History Channel. Apocalypse PA.

Have you guys been holding out on me?

It is a cool show.

2. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

I stopped watching the History Channel when they departed from showing history and instead have gone into the so-called "reality show" vein. American Pickers, Pawn Stars, Swamp People, Ax Men, Ice Road Truckers...all bulls**t and nothing I consider history OR historical.

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I haven't seen it....was it good?

4. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I agree that they have gone to a lot of non-historical programming. But does that mean they're not good shows? Is this some kind of boycott you have going on?

5. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Apocalyspe Pa.

I was waiting for this post, I wish I had this Guy as my neighbor. I like the show because it reminds me of Mr. Wizzard, only with a new twist. That being how to survive when all else fails. This is one show that shows History. He made his own black powder and ammo, moon shine, and a truck that runs on horse sh$t. Sure beats the Hell out of the Walking Dead.:eek::)

6. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I liked it. Caught half of one episode and then the whole next episode. The guy is very inventive and thinks outside the box.

Rather than stockpile cases and cases of ammo, he buys old black powder revolvers and bullet molds. Then he makes his own black powder. Not sure how he intends to deal with making percussion caps, though...

But a cool show that I will keep watching.

7. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Even though it's on The History Channel.....and it's NOT HISTORIC? :eek:

8. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I saw a show called Apocolypse Man, is that it?

9. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

I watched it then and I watch it now. I was glad they started some new "reality" based programming, Pawn Stars for instance.

I also like swamp people. Pull up gator, shoot in head, I don't know why but I can watch that for hours.

I got tired of the same old documentary stock footage being recycled over and over, but then I could never leave the History Channel, I love it to much.

10. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Swamp People rocks. I could watch a marathon of that show.

11. freefall

freefall New Member

I saw a bit of that show, wish I'd caught some more of the making of black powder and whiskey. Two skills I'd dearly love to have.

12. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

I did watch the marathon. Can't wait for season 2!

13. orangello

orangello New Member

Re: gator hunting, Has anyone understood their choice in firearms for dispatching the gators? I thought i saw a few .22 magnum rifles and maybe a mini 14 or something similar. The whole show, i was thinking "perfect job for an AK in 7.62.

14. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Only so much Hitler programming, then you need to find something else to fill hours of viewing time.

15. billdeserthills

billdeserthills New Member

Actually Pawn Stars does have a lot of historical stuff in it, especially when an expert needs to be called in & explain just exactly what the guy brought in.

16. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

Only a boycott in that I vehemently dislike "reality" shows. I've seen the background on many of these and they're not the unscripted "reality" they seem to be on camera. There are directors and producers manipulating the events behind the scenes and are actually causing the confrontations that, normally, would not have happened in reality.