Apintl 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by thdrduck, Aug 31, 2013.

1. thdrduck

thdrduck New Member

I did some trading and ended up with a 1911 .45 marked APINTL PAHRUMP NV PHILIPPINES. I'm having some problems finding any info on it and was wondering if some of the 1911 buffs here could help me out. The guy said there has only been 2 mags shot through it. Anything I should know before I crank er up? Is it solid or did I end up with a piece of junk?

2. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Educated guess:
    You (probably) have an ARMSCOR made 1911, which was made in the Philippines. US operations for ARMSCOR/Rock Island are located in Pahrump, NV.
    While not necessarily top of the line, ARMSCOR pistols have developed a generally positive reputation. Customer service is reputed to be good as well. You have a decent, if not especially glamorous, 1911. Enjoy.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013

3. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

I believe you have another Armscor/Rock Island product.

http://boardreader.com/thread/1911A1_Style_APINTL_PAHRUMP_bcgi7X21lc.html

4. thdrduck

thdrduck New Member

Thanks folks. Just ran a mag through her, shot well and ruined my chain and steel target I use for my 9mm. Seems the .45 has a little more "bite" to it. Broke the dampener chain off my steel target and I don't know were it went.:eek:

5. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Duck, can you post some pictures of the pistol?

i'd like to see the rollmarks on the slide.

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

45acp has some thump to it. thats why its a favorite defensive round and is still in use by the use military for over a century.

7. thdrduck

thdrduck New Member

AXX, roll marks? I'll take some pics of both sides and bottom and see if I can figure out how to post them.

8. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

cool. i'd like to see it.

i have only seen that particualar name a couple of times and am not really familiar with it.

9. thdrduck

thdrduck New Member

We will see if that does it. Not a bad looking gun. Fits my hand good and I think the grips have been changed

Attached Files: