Apex Trigger Kit

Discussion in 'M&P Forum' started by Polygon, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Polygon

Polygon New Member

So, I'm looking the Apex trigger kits and they have so many to pick from. I have an M&P 9 and I want to use it for plinking/training. Which kit would suite my needs best?

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Duty/carry kit

better judged by twelve than carried by six.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Yes that one. It will give you a lighter pull and nice short reset and crisp break. While still being safe for carry.
    The fss shortens the pull.

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Good price BTW

5. j4454

j4454 New Member

Apex RAM and a little polishing. I have a ton of rounds through M&Ps and this is all that is necessary

6. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

7. Polygon

Polygon New Member

This gun isn't going to be carried, but I would rather have the heavier trigger to emulate my Shield. Thanks for the info.

I might have to look into that.

It's rather disconcerting that doing a trigger job will void your warranty. Looks like I might be sticking with the stock trigger.

8. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

I thought so too. Particularly that I read where S&W used to do trigger jobs themselves.

Side note:
    Neither of the links appear to include a trigger. See the 4th bullet in their comments.

Not trying to hijack the thread but...
    j4454 - can you post any pics of the process for polishing? I'd like to see them if you have any.

9. j4454

j4454 New Member

I'm working now but I'll see if I can post some pictures of it later. The gun had it done around 500 rounds and now it's near 8000 but the ram gives it a reset similar to the newer models(or a glock) the polishing just helps the grittiness. If you shoot it enough it will smooth out. The best trigger jobs consist of wear, carbon, and grease!

If your unsure a smith can do the polishing for a small fee

10. Polygon

Polygon New Member

But I would guess that would void your warranty as well?

11. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Keep the original Parts.

12. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I don't know if there is a shortage of gunsmiths in your area but for the same money a competent gunsmith can fix everything about the M&P and put a wolff spring kit in the gun. The keyword is competent gunsmith. We have a bunch of parts replacers and AR assemblers but very few actual gunsmiths.

13. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

Didn't intend to part with any parts but I thought if something could be polished with a Dremel I could do that myself.

John_deer
    There is a good gunsmith Gunter Pfrommer Gunworks about 2.5 hours south from here. I took my Mauser bolt to him. He made it work (some magic), brushed/rodded out the tip of the barrel and he didn't feel the need to charge me...but we gave him $20.00 for his time. He was doing a restoration on a family gun that wasn't worth the cost but they wanted it done anyway. Just worked out of a spare room but had some tools. I'm sure he could do the job if necessary.

14. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Why Polish? If you're gonna go through taking it apart that much you may as well just swap Parts and springs. Then you get full benefit and have unaltered original Parts still.

15. Polygon

Polygon New Member

I agree, once you modify the parts you're kind of screwed unless you want to buy new parts if you ever have to send your gun back.

16. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

Good thought!

17. j4454

j4454 New Member

I guess I agree. Mine is an M&P9 buddy has a 40 he never polished it and after sometime and wear the trigger naturally caught up with mine. If it's a new model with the improved reset than a apex RAM is unnecessary. Both weapons break at a noticeably lighter weight now. You can modify all you want I get the instant gratification thing, but there is now replacement for time spent using a gun. Like I said the best trigger jobs IMO are wear, carbon, and lube

18. Polygon

Polygon New Member

I think for now I'm just going to save the money and maybe get sights instead. Or maybe get another speed strip kit for my other Ruger Mk III.

19. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

May as well do the trigger at the same time if you're gonna swap sights.