Apex trigger job

Discussion in 'M&P Forum' started by jwjessup, Mar 13, 2013.

1. jwjessup

jwjessup New Member

Is the apex trigger job truly worth the money? I've heard it's pretty awesome but is it also reliable after say 1000 or more rounds?

2. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

YES but if all you want is a smooth pull just change the stricker block. 39 bucks and your good to go. I did the kit less the trigger return spring and have a nice smooth 4lb pull on a DA trigger compact model.

3. jwjessup

jwjessup New Member

What about a better reset? Would that just be a new sear plate or what?

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

The kit makes everything better. If you want a ridiculously short reset you can get the forward set kit.

5. jwjessup

jwjessup New Member

And that's the one with new trigger correct?

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Yes it is. If you're planning oncarrying the firearm I wouldn't go any farther than the duty/carry kit thought. With the competition kit the pull can be set scary light and the forward ate sear can lead to accidental double taps.

7. danolator

danolator New Member

Yes it beats that gritty trigger from S&W.

8. customammo72

customammo72 New Member

Exactly.... You are 100% accurate on this

9. KRWeiss

KRWeiss New Member

The APEX DCAEK makes for a really sweet trigger, we have them on quite a few of our M&P40 pistols. We started adding individual parts as APEX was introducing them, and eventually switched over to installing kits. Even replacing professional trigger jobs with APEX kits.

More recently we've been installing their FSS trigger kits, with light triggers for competition (2 lbs. or so) and carry safe 4 1/2 lb. triggers in others. Once the polymer FSS trigger comes out, we may swap out the Aluminum FSS triggers in our carry firearms, but for competition I'll be sticking with the metal trigger.

10. loctite44144

loctite44144 New Member

Did it to mine and love it. It is a total different guns