Apex Shield trigger/gripwork

Discussion in 'M&P Forum' started by chachimacho, Dec 27, 2013.

1. chachimacho

chachimacho New Member

I put my soldering iron to another one today and got the new Apex trigger installed. Sear cam loop still needs some tweaking, but my eyes are shot! Maybe tomorrow...
    ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1388195233.035371.jpg

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Active Member

Got a Shield en route. I did similar stippling to my 9c. What is the stippling forward of the mag stop, below the slide for? Left thumb index? More accurately, the part I am asking for is forward of the takedown lever.

3. chachimacho

chachimacho New Member

More for grippage than an index point, for me. Some people do the left side too, for an index point for the trigger finger, but I didn't feel it was necessary for my carry.

4. Fred_G

Fred_G Active Member

May do some stippling on mine when I get it, don't know yet. I asked for next day shipping, so last night was Christmas Eve for me, then I found out they shipped it 2nd day... So, another night of anticipation. :D

5. chachimacho

chachimacho New Member

The stippling and undercutting the trigger guard sure does make a difference! I also installed the Apex carry kit, 10-8 rear/Ameriglo front sights and finally, the Apex trigger. Once I get the sear cam loop dialed in, I can stick a fork in this one. Done. Have fun with yours and post some pics if you texture it!