Anyway To Reset "New Posts"?

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by Maser, May 10, 2018.

1. Maser

Maser New Member

So, I been gone from this forum for awhile and the number of new posts since I been gone is currently at 9,084. Is there an easy way to erase that number and start fresh or do I literally have to click on all 9,000+ of those posts I haven't checked?

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Go to that triple line on the left side of the bar that has your user name, email, alerts. A drop down box will open. One choice will be ‘mark all forums read’. Hit it. It’ll clear all those posts out of your unread list.

MisterMcCool likes this.

3. jbardellini

jbardellini Administrator Staff Member Sponsor Lifetime Supporter

You typed that twice as fast as I was trying

4. Maser

Maser New Member

Okay, it's fixed now thanks. I could of sworn I already tried the "mark forums read" and it didn't work.

5. jbardellini

Sometimes you need to refresh or log out and than log back in and it fixes it.

6. jbardellini

Why were you gone for so long Maser

7. Maser

Maser New Member

Well, when I'm new to a forum I have a terrible attention span to it. It's got nothing to do with the forum itself nor it's staff or members. It may take a few jumps, but once I eventually hit the ground running, I participate much more often. I've already moved this site on my bookmark list to a more noticeable place so hopefully that helps me not overlook this site anymore. Also too, the top of the page has a blue ribbon next to the name of the site. In case there's some folks here who are unaware of the significance of that color of ribbon, it symbolizes support for freedom of speech. Anyone who knows me from other sites knows how much of a freedom of speech supporter I am and how much I'm against censorship.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    MisterMcCool and 303tom like this.
  8. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards. Staff Member

And she probably did it on her cell phone.

winds-of-change likes this.