Firearms Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if there was a way to find out wheat state a gun is registered in. As Ohio residents we are supposed to purchase off of Ohio only residents OR have them transferred through and FFL. BUT I just acquired one from a friend who is in fact an Ohio resident, BUT he bout it off a guy at a WV gun show. What's the worst that could happen if I'm carrying it and its checked and turns out to be a different state?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well to be honest, I asked a friend who owns a LGS and he said I should prolly just leave it like it is....I thought it was strange but figured he knew more than me. I traded some car parts for the gun, so it was too good to pass up. I originally had no intentions on keeping it, but now I've almost decided to hang on to it for a while. It's not thing to keep it at the house and have fun with it once in a while, but I don't wanna carry it and risk getting checked or whatever the case may be, and it come back to bite me. BUT I got it from an Ohio resident and he's an Ohio resident I just don't know who he got it from, just that it was at a local tri-state gun show.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.