Firearms Talk banner

1 - 1 of 6 Posts

572 Posts
Legal advice from us is worth every penny you paid for it. In MOST of the US, there IS no registration of ordinary firearms.

If your friend bought a handgun from another state without going thru an FFL, he has a problem.

Do you REALLY want to become part of his problem?

Federal law (18 US Code, Section 922) says you may not acquire a handgun outside your state of residence. IF he bought it when he lived in WV, and brought the gun with him when he moved- not a problem.

Right. if the firearm cross state lines in the process of a sale, then there had better be an FFL dealer involved. If the firearm crossed state lines in the process of the owner moving/relocating to a new state, and after he became a resident of a new state sold the gun, then there's no need for an FFL to be involved.
1 - 1 of 6 Posts