Anythoughts on a Springfield Armory Loaded 1911?

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Terrax, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Terrax

Terrax New Member

Handled a Springfield Armory Loaded Full Sized Parkerized 1911 today. Seamed like sweet shooter. I know there are like 100s of 1911s out there so I was wondering if this was a good one to get.

2. Flint Rock

Flint Rock New Member

For myself, I have never had anything but bad luck with a Springfield. I would push someone towards a Smith & Wesson or Dan Wesson,,,,,,, on their way to Nighthawk Custom:D.

3. ItsmeShane

ItsmeShane New Member

buddy of mine has a springfield 1911 and since im looking to get one, he told me to avoid them.

4. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Can't understand why. I own 2 right now and I've owned a few others and all have been well built and very reliable. I'd buy another Springer Loaded (or GI, or Milspec) in a heartbeat over similar guns in the same price range...

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  5. ItsmeShane

ItsmeShane New Member

just taking a friends advice. I am looking at S&W.

6. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Nice gun as well; however, it isn't a pure 1911 as it uses an external extractor. I've had a couple of these also and they are great quality guns...

7. ItsmeShane

ItsmeShane New Member

is the dan wesson any different? you seem to be pretty knowledgeable on these guns, would you mind giving some input on the other thread I just posted in this forum?

8. samurai

samurai New Member

I have a Dan Wesson CBOB and a Springfield Black Stainless Target. The fit is tighter on the DW and it had a better finish, but the Springfield shoots just as accurately.

9. ItsmeShane

ItsmeShane New Member

the comments I heard were about the build quality, he said that he thought it felt cheaply made. Im just going by what he said. I actually seen one on GB with the rail and everything, 6 magazines for about 800 bucks. I thought that was a real good price for a 1911 with all of that included.

10. riggergreg

riggergreg New Member

Love mine

My Loaded is nice and tight, accurate, and fires everything I run thru it.

[​IMG]

11. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Railed 1911s are a niche product as most 1911 types do not want a rail - hence they are more costly. Not sure why your buddy would say a Springer has poor build quality as I've never seen or owned one that looked "cheap" at all. This is a Springer Loaded - does it look cheap?

[​IMG]

12. ItsmeShane

ItsmeShane New Member

no it looks nice actually.

13. ajb

ajb New Member

I've had my parkerized loaded for about 4 months now. It has no play in the slide or barrel fit.

Never a problem and more accurate than I am.:)

14. 1911Lover

1911Lover New Member

Never once have I had a problem with mine. 600 down the pipe.

15. RomeoTango

RomeoTango New Member

I've had my loaded for over two years. last year around 3k rounds the plunger tube came loose. Fedex picked it up and it was back in a week.

The finish on my micro had issues, back in my paws in ten days.
    They have the best customer service in the business.

I also own Kimber and S&W, their only fault is their customer service.
    My loaded is a bit used now but still functions 100%.

Gratuitous pic
    [​IMG]

16. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Looks like the Springer vote is thumbs up!

Lots of happy qwners, a good solid shooter.

17. RomeoTango

RomeoTango New Member

One more, becasue I like it

[​IMG]

I got to work on that glare thing

18. Terrax

Terrax New Member

Thanks Guys, when my gun guy opens up after he completes his inventory, I will have to go see what kind of deal he will make me.

19. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

I like my Springfield 1911A1 and it shoots excellent.I did have a little trouble with ball ammo jamming,but a new extractor fixed that.
    I sold my S&W 1911 to my best friend after he shot it and wouldn't give it back. It was the best 1911 I have ever had,and I'm planning on getting another one but it will be a Performance Center 1911 this time and my best friend is not getting near it.

20. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger New Member

I have a Springfield TRP Operator. Love it!

Attached Files: